Is the orange the new home regular jersey?

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
Why are we wearing the orange so much? Seems like its becoming the new home regular jersey although I can't find anything official online. Personally, I like the blue better; but just trying to find did i miss something, or is it bc we are winning, or are they unofficially making this the new home regular?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Why are we wearing the orange so much? Seems like its becoming the new home regular jersey although I can't find anything official online. Personally, I like the blue better; but just trying to find did i miss something, or is it bc we are winning, or are they unofficially making this the new home regular?

Just like last year it's predetermined games that they're wearing the awesome orange jerseys.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think the Oilers have worn it twice but one time was solely for the Heritage Classic.

I'm personality a fan of the orange jersey and I wouldn't mind at all if it become the primary with a matching white set.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I can put up with the fugly orange jerseys for a handful of games a year, but they really are not that great. The traditional blue jersey is much nicer. Would be even better if they reduced the size of the shoulder yoke and made them more like the ones worn by the alumni at the Heritage Classic.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Should be. I prefer the orange jerseys, plus they are the original Oiler jerseys.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I realize they are "retro" jerseys, but they don't mean a thing to me. They're not the classic Oiler jerseys I or basically anyone who's followed the team during their NHL stint associate with the team.

It's a decent change of pace third uni and that's about it as far as I'm concerned. Hell no to replacing the blue jersey as the standard home uni. It's a nice third jersey now and again and fun around Halloween time I suppose.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I feel like the numbering and size of the crest is too big on the blue jerseys's. I like the colours but if they sized those parts down a bit I think, aesthetically it would look better.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'm not a big fan of them. I prefer our blue jersey. Don't care what we wear if we keep winning though.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
16 by my count, including the home opener, Heritage Classic, and Capitals game. I'm a fan of the orange jersey and of 3rd jerseys generally, but 16 times is too much. 8 would be more appropriate IMO.

Yeah, I like the oranges but wearing them 40% of the home games is too much IMO, especially when our blues are some of the most beautiful jerseys in hockey.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Just like last year it's predetermined games that they're wearing the awesome orange jerseys.

They haven't released a list of which games, though. Stauffer speculated they'd be wearing them 12-15 times this season.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I love the Orange jerseys. I believe McDavid said its one of his favorite jerseys too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad