Is the orange the new home regular jersey?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Someone needs to start a petition or something ... orange only is gross. Adidas eliminating third jerseys is stupid too, who are they to demand something like that, like **** right off.

Reebok did it when they transitioned to the new jersies a decade ago, and the 3rds will be back a year later so I fail to see what the big deal is.

As for orange I think it looks great.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Does anyone else associate the blue jersey with losing and horrible hockey? Yeah it was the road uniform during the dynasty years and they won the fifth Cup in them but it was also the face of the first playoff drought in the 90s and most of the last ten years of embarrassment. Plus I think the orange uniform is a far superior look. The current aways are gorgeous so it will be kinda crappy if those are being put aside for a white version of the oranges.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Does anyone else associate the blue jersey with losing and horrible hockey? Yeah it was the road uniform during the dynasty years and they won the fifth Cup in them but it was also the face of the first playoff drought in the 90s and most of the last ten years of embarrassment. Plus I think the orange uniform is a far superior look. The current aways are gorgeous so it will be kinda crappy if those are being put aside for a white version of the oranges.

The most 10 years? It was the pajamas For Half and they are horrible,
I just associate them with looking so dman good.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I like the orange jerseys. For me they sort of represent a new phase for the team... the McDavid years if you like. This is somewhat unusual for me as well because I typically like the traditional approach in this matter. Of course I think that what we are talking about is only temporary anyway. Changing jerseys is a marketing ploy and a few years down the line it will happen again.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

yes

just like the late-90s jerseys with the Oil-rigger shoulder patch remind me of those hard working teams then

which is why they're my favorite of all-time

Oilers haven't made the playoffs with the orange and blue since 1992 :help:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'll miss these jerseys if true.

sweaters.jpg

This will always be the legitimate Oilers jersey for me. I just despise the orange ones. I don't like the loud colour and for me it's tough to pick up the numbers on tv. Not surprised Katz is doing this. I haven't liked many of the decisions he's made since he's bought the team. Only good news here is that he's been so greedy that he changes the jerseys every three years to sell more.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I'm starting to wonder if they are getting rid of the Blue Jersey, they presented them to Sanchez,Pillar,Acestrada and Wickenheiser in the last couple days.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
I'm starting to wonder if they are getting rid of the Blue Jersey, they presented them to Sanchez,Pillar,Acestrada and Wickenheiser in the last couple days.

Yup wouldnt be surprised if they make orange the new home hersey with adidas eliminating the 3rd jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad