Is the Ontario Hockey League fixed thread?

poisonivy

05, 12, 13 Champs
May 18, 2013
When I read the London Knights thread the least we as London fans should be able to do is discuss the team and not have to read garbage every two weeks about the supposed fixation for the Knights. Windsor fans have proven that they don't like London people posting on their thread but it's okay for them to constantly chime in on the Knights and their fortunes.

So, I thought it would be a good idea to create this thread and keep it up to date if you hear about another London endorsement in the next few weeks such as a 360 power ring in the arena or a better dehumidifier which so obviously propels this team to victory more often than not. Please post it here so London fans can discuss their team on their own thread. Sticky it if you want, and conspiracy theories are welcomed. Try to bring some facts into the discussion, but if you can't find any, use your wildest imagination to spark a good spirited debate.

Spitsfan67*

When I read the London Knights thread the least we as London fans should be able to do is discuss the team and not have to read garbage every two weeks about the supposed fixation for the Knights. Windsor fans have proven that they don't like London people posting on their thread but it's okay for them to constantly chime in on the Knights and their fortunes.

So, I thought it would be a good idea to create this thread and keep it up to date if you hear about another London endorsement in the next few weeks such as a 360 power ring in the arena or a better dehumidifier which so obviously propels this team to victory more often than not. Please post it here so London fans can discuss their team on their own thread. Sticky it if you want, and conspiracy theories are welcomed. Try to bring some facts into the discussion, but if you can't find any, use your wildest imagination to spark a good spirited debate.

Lol common, give your head a shake, you guys **** the bed and choked at the last 2 memorial cups and now your going for strike 3, lol yea where jealous of you in London, yea guys get spoiled and that's the truth, you guys get the Mem cup twice in the last 4 times thru the O, it really isn't to fair to the other 19 teams, shows favouritism IMO, so have fun losing in the Mem cup for the third time straight lol and i will look at my back to back Memorial cup pictures.

poisonivy

05, 12, 13 Champs
May 18, 2013
Edit: nevermind

This certainly wasn't intended to come off as whining. In fact, it was created to keep the whining from the London thread for those who want to discuss hockey. I think it's a good idea. We know something else will come up before October is over and we can use this thread to air those problems. It's a good tracker thread and it keeps the hockey discussion going in the team threads. Spitsfan67 has the right idea.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I don't believe anybody believes there's some conspiracy theory or that the league is fixed. As I said a long time ago the league has an image problem when it comes to transparency and this is why you have views of people saying London is favored etc..

1. When your own broadcasters on sportsnet like Broadhurst and Cosentino talk about the Knights being the Yankees of junior hockey. Of course the Yankees have one 1 World Series over the past 11-12 years. Of course the Yankees have/had the reputation of throwing money at free agents so let's not ruin that narrative.

2. The predictability of the Domi suspension London fans can say opposing fans hate the Knights and claim they get favored. What happens what they say becomes true? Domi is previously suspended but the league says Domi is not a repeat offender? Does the OHL make things up as they go or make their case to suit the narrative?

One London fan 14 months ago said on this forum Windsor isn't the only OHL team to get nailed with sanction and that will be announced in a few weeks. Well.....

There were many people that said Branch was just using a team of high profile to send a message and it has still held true to this day. Why is it so easy for fans to see through Branch and his rhetoric?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I don't believe anybody believes there's some conspiracy theory or that the league is fixed. As I said a long time ago the league has an image problem when it comes to transparency and this is why you have views of people saying London is favored etc..

-One London fan 14 months ago said on this forum Windsor isn't the only OHL team to get nailed with sanction and that will be announced in a few weeks. Well.....

-There were many people that said Branch was just using a team of high profile to send a message and it has still held true to this day. Why is it so easy for fans to see through Branch and his rhetoric?

-Oh there's definitely believers. One, a reg on ur board.
I do agree with the lack of transparency at times the league shows.

-Maybe that London poster was wrong about another team? Did they post a source, any facts? One poster says it and its true?

-If the people in your last paragraph are correct. How did Branch pick the victim and hide it from everyone? Or are there more people involved? Coin flip maybe?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Not that I really want to get into this topic a whole lot, but I think a lot of this has to do with what London fans see compared to what the rest of us see. Nobody knows 100% what happens with London, or with any other team, but we see things and hear things that make us scratch our heads. This isn't mean to be a witch hunt against one team, but if you step back and look at it from a third-party view, maybe people will see where non-London fans are coming from.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Oh I get where they are coming from. But we may disagree where that is ;)
It's all good. As much as some London fans get riled up, and likewise for opposition fans over this topic, it's probably good for the league to have a franchise so polarizing.
College Bball-Duke
MLB- Yankees
NFL- Pats presently or Steelers/Raiders in the past

Regardless the reason, a team with a target, for whatever reason solicits emotion and we get passionate fans responding.
And I for one am glad it's my team. Nobody hates a perennial bad team :)

As for unfair/preferential treatment, there's no place for that in any competitive league.
Wether some think there is or not, not a big deal to me.

I gotta stop commenting on this :)

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
The topic itself doesn't bother me, but more the "prove it!" mentality at times. I'm sure there are stupid goings-on around the league. We'd be naive to think otherwise.

If London wants to be the NYA of the OHL, that's fine. The Tigers have repeatedly beat them, and the Spitfires have repeatedly played London very well (3-3 last year, I believe).

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The topic itself doesn't bother me, but more the "prove it!" mentality at times. I'm sure there are stupid goings-on around the league. We'd be naive to think otherwise.

If London wants to be the NYA of the OHL, that's fine. The Tigers have repeatedly beat them, and the Spitfires have repeatedly played London very well (3-3 last year, I believe).

My motto has always been..."If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' "

Every team tries to get the best advantage it can. If London can leverage its network to sign the best players possible then so be it. It isn't fair but it also isn't against the rules. Now, if they are PAYING for those players, then that is against the rules and sooner or later they will get punished as did Windsor.

I know for a FACT the Ottawa 67's have had dirty dealings with players. Behind closed door dealings with players where their parents have said they are going NCAA trying to get teams to pass up on them knowing they would only sign in Ottawa. Hell, Lou Dickenson demanded a trade from Guelph and would only accept a trade to the 67's or else he would simply walk away from the team for nothing. Is that against the rules? Nope. Is it dirty? Probably. I guess it depends on perspective. If a player were to do that this year at the deadline and his trade demand was to go to London, people would be crying bloody MURDER! Heck, they cried bloody MURDER with Domi! But if that player demanded a deal to Erie, would there be as much blasphemy on the boards? Probably not.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Lol common, give your head a shake, you guys **** the bed and choked at the last 2 memorial cups and now your going for strike 3, lol yea where jealous of you in London, yea guys get spoiled and that's the truth, you guys get the Mem cup twice in the last 4 times thru the O, it really isn't to fair to the other 19 teams, shows favouritism IMO, so have fun losing in the Mem cup for the third time straight lol and i will look at my back to back Memorial cup pictures.

I think we have our post of the year, folks.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
One London fan 14 months ago said on this forum Windsor isn't the only OHL team to get nailed with sanction and that will be announced in a few weeks. Well.....

LOL, A random poster suggest something and then he vanishes ;)...come on man!

Hey, Im a random poster, tell you what, Ill suggest that Ontario will soon be swallowed into the earth and replaced with one big Walmart....if it doesn't happen, its Branch damn it ;)!

On a second thought, I read your posts all the time, you absolutely hate the OHL (mostly the Spitfires) why do you post on here daily, If I hated something as much as you do (again, just looking at your posts) id be running away from it as quickly as I could, unless I enjoy hate and wallowing in self pitty, but I doubt that's you...

butter sheep*

smiley_rofl.gif
at this entire thread

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
On a second thought, I read your posts all the time, you absolutely hate the OHL (mostly the Spitfires) why do you post on here daily, If I hated something as much as you do (again, just looking at your posts) id be running away from it as quickly as I could, unless I enjoy hate and wallowing in self pitty, but I doubt that's you...

He used to love the Spits.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
LOL, A random poster suggest something and then he vanishes ;)...come on man!

Hey, Im a random poster, tell you what, Ill suggest that Ontario will soon be swallowed into the earth and replaced with one big Walmart....if it doesn't happen, its Branch damn it ;)!

I think the OHL is poorly run by a dinosaur of a commissioner. Most commissioners in every sport out last their usefulness and find a good time to step down. Branch has been commissioner of the OHL since 1979. That does not mean I hate the OHL either I just think between the sham of a Memorial Cup selection committee, saturating the GTA with OHL teams which was an absolute disaster with 2 of those teams gone now. Did David Branch really think saturating the GTA was a great idea furthermore the crowning achievement taking a hand out from Melnyk to get the 2011 Memorial Cup the true definition of bought and paid for. For that alone David Branch should be put in a rocket ship and sent into orbit.

Furthermore I haven't liked the way the Spits organization has been run since the last of their long runs in the playoffs back to 2011. Don't get it twisted that I hate the team I want them to do well. There's a reason I had season tickets for as long as I did even when the team did bad. People make life decisions that range far beyond the hockey rink and I will leave it at that for my personal decisions. Why are you so intrigued with what I say and decide to say I wallow in self pity. I call em as I see em if the Spits were playing well and not wallowing in mediocrity I would give them credit.

Btw it's ok to criticize things and not like certain things. I don't like Walmart but they have cheap stuff and better deals than other places so I am going to go there. The issue with the OHL is that the value isn't there anymore, with secondary ticket markets for other sports the value isn't there in the OHL unless you're a big market like London, Kitchener, Ottawa(when they get their new arena).

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
I think the OHL is poorly run by a dinosaur of a commissioner. Most commissioners in every sport out last their usefulness and find a good time to step down. Branch has been commissioner of the OHL since 1979. That does not mean I hate the OHL either I just think between the sham of a Memorial Cup selection committee, saturating the GTA with OHL teams which was an absolute disaster with 2 of those teams gone now. Did David Branch really think saturating the GTA was a great idea furthermore the crowning achievement taking a hand out from Melnyk to get the 2011 Memorial Cup the true definition of bought and paid for. For that alone David Branch should be put in a rocket ship and sent into orbit.

Furthermore I haven't liked the way the Spits organization has been run since the last of their long runs in the playoffs back to 2011. Don't get it twisted that I hate the team I want them to do well. There's a reason I had season tickets for as long as I did even when the team did bad. People make life decisions that range far beyond the hockey rink and I will leave it at that for my personal decisions. Why are you so intrigued with what I say and decide to say I wallow in self pity. I call em as I see em if the Spits were playing well and not wallowing in mediocrity I would give them credit.

Btw it's ok to criticize things and not like certain things. I don't like Walmart but they have cheap stuff and better deals than other places so I am going to go there. The issue with the OHL is that the value isn't there anymore, with secondary ticket markets for other sports the value isn't there in the OHL unless you're a big market like London, Kitchener, Ottawa(when they get their new arena).

I donno there Razer, I looked again, and man, you are negative. Im a 67's fan, we finished last last year, dead last, you don't get worse then us, and I wasn't even close to that negative on our team. We haven't won a championship in the past few years (Windsor has 2) and we don't have any Memorial Cups in the past while (again, Windsor has 2).

I donno, either your incredibly negative on the OHL, or just have increadily high standards. Either way, Im not sure I would want to be in your shoes, every post seems to be talking about how awful things are.

Smile, its just hockey, things arn't that bad man.

I donno there Razer, I looked again, and man, you are negative. Im a 67's fan, we finished last last year, dead last, you don't get worse then us, and I wasn't even close to that negative on our team. We haven't won a championship in the past few years (Windsor has 2) and we don't have any Memorial Cups in the past while (again, Windsor has 2).

I donno, either your incredibly negative on the OHL, or just have increadily high standards. Either way, Im not sure I would want to be in your shoes, every post seems to be talking about how awful things are.

Smile, its just hockey, things arn't that bad man.
I look at Rayzor's posts this way..and on another board he posts on under a different alias.

His comments are usually directed towards a handful of people in order to grate those individuals. When he makes valid points they are usually very valid,but the twists in his posts are more than likely there to draw the ire of a choice group of individuals. Mostly Windsor based.

Take the good with the bad because he does make some very valid arguments when he isn't centered around one group. I actually enjoy reading some of his posts because the knowledge is there.

I wouldn't call it hatred as much as I 'd call it baiting those who'll bite.

I call it like I see it too.;)

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
His comments are usually directed towards a handful of people in order to grate those individuals. When he makes valid points they are usually very valid,but the twists in his posts are more than likely there to draw the ire of a choice group of individuals. Mostly Windsor based.

So hes just trolling people? For like, three years? I guess I don't see the point....

Example, you trash HoSang when he was outplayed by Dal Colle, but don't mention that HoSang out played McDavid when he was in town. If you do one, you SHOULD do the other, but if its all for the troll effect, It makes complete sense.

Again, if you don't like it, I don't know why you extend SO MUCH energy into not liking it. I donno man, Id hate to have that kind of negativity around me all the time.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

You mean the ones with the **? :sarcasm:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So hes just trolling people? For like, three years? I guess I don't see the point....

Example, you trash HoSang when he was outplayed by Dal Colle, but don't mention that HoSang out played McDavid when he was in town. If you do one, you SHOULD do the other, but if its all for the troll effect, It makes complete sense.

Again, if you don't like it, I don't know why you extend SO MUCH energy into not liking it. I donno man, Id hate to have that kind of negativity around me all the time.

This is a thread about whether the OHL is fixed not about Ho-Sang or Dal Colle or if you have a problem with my posts but I do have a response to that.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
This is a thread about whether the OHL is fixed not about Ho-Sang or Dal Colle or if you have a problem with my posts but I do have a response to that.

LOL, so I guess the other poster is right, Trolling it is...

Its a message board, when you post things publically, it will be rebutted. Glad to see that you have no response to a valid point that you brought up thou....can be negative on one player, but when something positive happens, your head is in the sand (probably on purpose)

Again, man, id hate to have that negativity around me all day...

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
LOL, so I guess the other poster is right, Trolling it is...

Its a message board, when you post things publically, it will be rebutted. Glad to see that you have no response to a valid point that you brought up thou....can be negative on one player, but when something positive happens, your head is in the sand (probably on purpose)

Again, man, id hate to have that negativity around me all day...

Wrong and unfortunately with your inability to understand my response. This is a thread about whether you thin the OHL is fixed. This thread has nothing to do with what I said about Dal Colle and Ho Sang. If you want to start a thread about Ho-Sang and Dal Colle I would participate in it. Furthermore it isn't trolling I do admit I don't have time for certain imbeciles I deal with those every day at work and on a message board the rhetorical questions by certain people are ridiculous. Glad you pay attention to my posts though, I will try and post better for you in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad