Is the Brass for real?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Hello Rangers fans, with the way Derick Brassard finished for your guys do you think he can have a breakout season next year? What is expected out of him ? can he still take over the 2nd line center with Richards still on the team?

He already did that.

The expectations are for him to center the second/1B line behind Stepan. I'm personally hoping for a ~60 point season out of Brassard, and I could definitely see it happening. The change of scenery seems to have done wonders.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brassard surprised a lot of people when he first arrived and was our best player in the play-offs.

I hope he can keep this up and turn into a solid 2nd line center. For now, he was by far the best piece we got in the trade for Gaborik.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
He's been great, but I still have my doubts.

He always gets this reinvigoration after a new coach change then he flops back to his inconsistent self. It used to drive CBJ fans nuts.

I really, really hope he can maintain 55-60 point play. I still need to see him do it, though. He had quite the ridiculous shot percentage and didn't really run into cold streaks when he was here, something inevitable next year. Until that time, he's still a tweener in my eyes.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He sure seems like it. He was our best player in the playoffs and he had new life to his game. He's got much better teammates now, and you can just see in his goal celebrations how much he loves what he does. He's very skilled + passionate, he might be the very real deal. With Vigneualt at the helm a ~65-70 point season is probably a good prediction.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
30 games isn't enough to say hes a complete bonafide 2nd line center. Need to see more consistency from him. Although the potential is clearly there.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Both Stepan and Brassard only proved they slot nicely into an able 1-2 center punch for about 30 games each. I need to see more before Im ready to sign off on it.

But theres much bigger problems on the team at LW and all over the 3rd and 4th lines.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
images

The real McCoy. The cat's pajamas. The Bee's Knees.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
His defense is iffy, but his flair in the offensive zone has been well accepted here. As long as he gets partnered with good two way forwards like Callahan and Hagelin, and not with other offense-only players like Zuccarello and Nash, he should be good to go.

I'm not usually high on pivots who aren't good defensively but with Stepan and Boyle on board we can make an exception.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He was always a talented breakout type player in CLB but it just never happened. Thing is he really cared when he became a Ranger. I think he has a new life is going to be a top 6 F. He will help the PP for sure

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
No. He'll contribute, and make great plays time to time, but I don't see him "putting it together" and consistently being the guy he was down the stretch. He strikes me as a streaky guy, and thanks to the small sample size, we only really got to see him in a hot one.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Brass has serious talent which is undeniable. He played with heart and was very effective when he was needed most. I can think of multiple other guys who were nowhere to be found. I don't see him scoring under 50 Pts which works for me.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
He was always a talented breakout type player in CLB but it just never happened. Thing is he really cared when he became a Ranger. I think he has a new life is going to be a top 6 F. He will help the PP for sure

Big time. He has wonderful poise with the puck on the PP. Obviously a very creative player who can see the ice, as well. I'd like to see what Moore can do at PP QB, with McDonagh on the other side, Callahan in front, Brassard on the half boards, and Nash with a bit of freedom to look for the open ice.

----------Callahan----------

-------------------------Nash
BrassGOD

Moore----------------McDonagh

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I sure hope so. When on he's been great.

Given that he has been criticized for inconsistency by CBJ fans I will need to see a bigger sample size before I start going nuts.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I think so. When we got him he was supposed to be our 3C. He's shown that a change of scenery has indeed "sparked his passion" as he said. He's got loads of talent, always has.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
We have NO idea, really. We think so. We hope so. But we saw less than half a season from him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Too small a sample to say for certain.

My gut tells me that he performs slightly better than Columbus, but not enough to really peg him as the second line center.

I can see him having his spurts where he looks to have turned the corner, and other times where he frustrates the hell out of fans. In the end, I think he is capable of 20 goals and 55 points. A kind of tweener who can step up and play top six minutes, but isn't really consistent enough to stay there.

Kershaw

Too small a sample to say for certain.

My gut tells me that he performs slightly better than Columbus, but not enough to really peg him as the second line center.

I can see him having his spurts where he looks to have turned the corner, and other times where he frustrates the hell out of fans. In the end, I think he is capable of 20 goals and 55 points. A kind of tweener who can step up and play top six minutes, but isn't really consistent enough to stay there.

Exactly my thoughts. Brass as team's 2C probably means the team has horrendous C depth, which is true with the Rangers.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Well he's always had the skillset.. He was a former 1st round (very high cant quite remember) pick.. Can he finally put it all together is the question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad