Is Tampa for real or just a matter of a weak division?

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
For explanation: I am living in Austria and have a quite low sample of games for obvious reasons (games in the night and a daytime job). I am not trolling and I ask for reasons for the success of a very good team. I didn‘t write something about a weak East or AHL-caliber.
And some of you (93LEAFS, daver e.g. - sorry if I forgot a few) have brought good arguments for the Bolts to be for real. I personally like that team and think that Steve Stamkos and a few others should have a cup under their belt - at least one. This could be their year. And it should. Not a fan though.
Personally I am glad that some aren‘t mods. The question was about an idea with a too small sample to find too many arguments in favor so I was Auskunft for your opinions. Which is legitimate I think. Yes the title could have been less provocative and for that matter less trolly. More something like: „Is Tampa really that good or is their success to a certain extent also a matter of a weaker division?“ Way less sexy
Dude, seriously? They've got 59 freaking wins in 77 games. YES, they're that good.

Reactions: Sk8M8

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
For explanation: I am living in Austria and have a quite low sample of games for obvious reasons (games in the night and a daytime job). I am not trolling and I ask for reasons for the success of a very good team. I didn‘t write something about a weak East or AHL-caliber.
And some of you (93LEAFS, daver e.g. - sorry if I forgot a few) have brought good arguments for the Bolts to be for real. I personally like that team and think that Steve Stamkos and a few others should have a cup under their belt - at least one. This could be their year. And it should. Not a fan though.
Personally I am glad that some aren‘t mods. The question was about an idea with a too small sample to find too many arguments in favor so I was Auskunft for your opinions. Which is legitimate I think. Yes the title could have been less provocative and for that matter less trolly. More something like: „Is Tampa really that good or is their success to a certain extent also a matter of a weaker division?“ Way less sexy

How do you qualify that their division is weaker?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
wait, the Atlantic is weak?

the bottom 3 teams are very bad, yes, but Tampa only gets 12 games combined against them.

which is balanced out by the division having the #1, #2 and #5 teams in the NHL

Reactions: Oryxo and vshun

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Tampa has an awful record vs the Central though. Nashville, STL and Minny all beat them twice (swept the season series).

Reactions: Fighting Major

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
They’re a very well built team that benifitted slightly from a putrid bottom half of the division. But they’re so far ahead what does it matter. They would have won the PT playing in any division.

Playoffs are a different animal though. And they’re likely gonna have to go through the Caps or Pens, which nobody has been able to do in 3 years. Either way, obviously they are “for real.”

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The Habs, who might miss the playoffs, would comfortably make it as WC1 in the West, and that's despite going 0-3 against the Lightning.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I don't remember this topic in 05/06 when Detroit won President and IIRC they played 32 games within (weak) central back then.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa is lucky to even succeed in a Beer League. They are not very good. They only have a plus 100 Goal differential, only 59 wins, their players like Kucherov, Stamkos, and Point are all useless, they won't even come close to 200 points. All a bust. Don't get me started about their goaltender, who only has a .927 save pct, dude could not even stop a beach ball.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Look at their record outside there division. The Atlantic also isn't easy considering it has 3 of the top 7 teams in the league. Tampa's done extremely well vs the Atlantic, but they've beat the crap out of the Metro (21-2-0).

Islanders went 1-1-1 against Tampa, can't believe we managed that feat.

Also, Yeah, they are that good. Maybe not as good as the Leafs, but who is?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I'm not sure how an eastern conference finalist in 15, 16 and 18 and hasn't had any major overhauls for the worse wouldn't be considered "for real."

But if the Atlantic is said to be weak, and the Metro is said to be weak (because the Caps and Pens supposedly benefit from that), and since the West hasn't brought us a Cup winner since the Blackhawks and Kings, who aren't currently contending -- I think it's safe to say that nobody in this entire league is for real and everybody sucks. :sarcasm:

Reactions: TheKrewe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad