Proposal: Is R.O’Reilly to Toronto possible...

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
without Them having to pony up one of Marner, Matthews or Nylander?

O’Reilly would be great, but let’s be honest, he makes 7.5m for 5 more years after this one. He would also hinder us signing Tavares (if that was at all possible).

We might be able to sign one of the big d (Doughty/Karlsson/McDonagh etc) if we get creative (and move out players like Kadri).

I’m a fan of his and think he’d be a great heart and soul type player and line up at our #2 C spot.

Please feel free to post realistic trade offers.

Cheers

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
R. O'Reilly to Toronto? Only if his bear can come with him...

radar+with+teddy+bear.jpg

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
A short answer for you, no it's not possible without Marner or some other significant asset. O'Reilly's a good player

Honestly, if any of them were to go, it would be Nylander, and he’d be being dealt to get us that top dman we need, not a second line centre (which we kinda already have in Kadri).

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
What do you expect to get him with if not any of them or Rielly? Cause those are the only way the conversation is started.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sure, just give us Morgan Rielly. Otherwise, no. There's no reason for Buffalo to trade ROR anywhere unless the return is stellar, much less to a division rival.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
No, no it would not. Sometimes teams like having actual good players instead of perpetual magic beans.

Well you'll get differing opinions among Sabres fans.

I'm of the opinion that ROR should be moved because his age doesn't fit in with the rest of the core.

He's been pretty up and down for us this year. Say that deal goes through and the Sabres pick up Liljegren and one of Dobson/Bouchard. It allows them to take a forward early on like Tkachuk and a major organizational weakness finally gets addressed.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
the best or at worst second best player every year he’s been in buffalo

Ya he’s 4 years older than the core willing to dump for a prospect and a late first

You get differing opinions in the same way that some people liked the Star Wars prequels

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The Sabres and Sabre both need another DMan. So they make terrible trading partners.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
You would be looking at a good prospect + 1st round draft pick minimum. Then you would have to factor in the demand that O’Reilly would bring if he was put on the trade block. I bet a team like Montreal would definitely offer up the same proposal I mentioned above, except with their 2019 draft pick.

So it would have to be one of Dermott/Liljegrin + 1st round draft pick minimum.

Look at what Martin Hanzal returned, and offer more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad