Is Provorov top 10 all around d man yet?

Squasherino

Feb 22, 2018
Definitely in the top 20, scary good for just his 2nd NHL season. If he keeps developing like this he'll be a perennial norris candidate in a few years.

Reactions: Riseonfire

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Lets have this discussion in 5 years. Proporov is not close to top 10 now, but he definately has the potentional

5 years? :huh: He’s definitely close. I can’t see a case for him being out of the top 25, and I think he has a really strong case for top 20.

Name legitimately 10 better TWO WAY d men.

If you name Rielly I’m going to laugh.

He is totally going to name Rielly, and it’ll be hilarious.

Reactions: AdamParrot

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
5 years? :huh: He’s definitely close. I can’t see a case for him being out of the top 25, and I think he has a really strong case for top 20.

There's a big difference between being top 10 and top 20. Top 10 is super stacked

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Did you really just mention Burns as one of the top all-around dmen? He is so bad defensively it's not even funny

there are different aspects to playing defense. The big one now a days is the ability to play the puck in the ozone. If the puck is in the ozone you don't need to defend and in that aspect he is elite. In his own zone he is not a chara by any means but he can buckle down and be tough to play against.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Provorov is likely in the 15-25 range. I will say, Provorov has had a couple poor performances in the last couple weeks and could be playing injured. Just the thought of his minutes going to Manning,Hagg, Amac is enough to will Provorov to continuing playing.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Erik Karlsson is a top 10 all around d man?

It’s hilarious. The guy can’t defend to save his life.

Please people read what I said, two way defense man!

Reactions: Legionnaire

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Name legitimately 10 better TWO WAY d men.

If you name Rielly I’m going to laugh.
If you're wanting to put an emphasis on the defensive end of things and for some reason exclude Karlsson, Klingberg, Carlson, Krug, then here you go:

Drew Doughty
Victor Hedman
PK Subban
Alex Pietrangelo
Seth Jones
Ryan Suter
Roman Josi
Hampus Lindholm
OEL
Duncan Keith
Kris Letang
Jake Gardiner
Zach Werenski

I think that's over 10. And I did that without really having to think too hard of it

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If you're wanting to put an emphasis on the defensive end of things and for some reason exclude Karlsson, Klingberg, Carlson, Krug, then here you go:

Drew Doughty
Victor Hedman
PK Subban
Alex Pietrangelo
Seth Jones
Ryan Suter
Roman Josi
Hampus Lindholm
OEL
Duncan Keith
Kris Letang
Jake Gardiner
Zach Werenski

I think that's over 10. And I did that without really having to think too hard of it
Werenski over Provorov? Keith from this season over Provorov? Oh, no.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Erik Karlsson is a top 10 all around d man?

It’s hilarious. The guy can’t defend to save his life.

Please people read what I said, two way defense man!

His one way is so much better than Provorov that he could literally score on his own net once a game and still be a better and more valuable defenceman.

Sorry to burst your bubble chief.

Last edited:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Werenski over Provorov? Keith from this season over Provorov? Oh, no.
Werenski - yup. And you know, I tend to give a defenseman with a 10 year proven track record the benefit of the doubt on one bad season when his team is underperforming - crazy, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad