Is Pierre McGuire going to get any coach interviews?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I would hire PM in an NHL role in a heartbeat. He'd make a fantastic Zamboni driver or ice technician. I wouldn't have him work around people though, his social skills aren't HFBoards level yet.

PM is the guy at the party where when everyone laughs at a joke being told, he interrupts to point out that the joke featured incorrect facts and then would go onto a tirade about how and where he learned the information and turn it into a science lesson while everyone else nervously shuffles away uncomfortably.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I think he is one of the smartest hockey minds and he knows everything. Why won't teams interview him? Caps fan and I think it would be very funny if he was selected as the new Caps coach but it might actually be a terrific pick because his knowledge of the game is very high.

He doesn't want to coach or another reason?
I think only you, Pierre and his mother think he's one of the smartest hockey minds.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
McGuire actually has a cup ring as an assistant coach on the 91 Penguins. Make of that what you will...There were also rumors that the Pens considered him as a GM candidate the year they hired Rutherford.

Yeah, and he was also a finalist for the Montreal GM job when Bergevin got hired, was a candidate for the Wild GM job when Fletcher was hired (or maybe it was Fenton, not sure which) and was a finalist for the Flames job when Treliving was hired.

I think it would be interesting to see what he could do with a franchise. Not saying I would hire him but I think he would add some spice to the GM's chair. I also would have liked to see Ed Olczyk get the Florida job. Though I am glad there is new blood in Zito there.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
His time in Hartford was legendarily bad.

Also no team would want to constantly hear about how great the Penguins are.

Pierre's been better the last 4-5 years as an announcer. More toned down. Even his shtick is almost at like Shattner/Walken level and he's in on the joke.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
I honestly don't know why the Coyotes don't take a shot with him it couldn't get any worse then it is now.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think he is one of the smartest hockey minds and he knows everything. Why won't teams interview him? Caps fan and I think it would be very funny if he was selected as the new Caps coach but it might actually be a terrific pick because his knowledge of the game is very high.

He doesn't want to coach or another reason?

pierre-mcguire-alex-ovechkin.jpg

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Chris Johnston said he’s interviewed twice for the GM job in Arizona.. as much as Pierre gets hate on I’d rather him than Dubas or Chayka as my GM lololol

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
For one, he hasn't coached in 25 years.

Second, he wasn't a very good coach and also rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. IIRC he was in the mix for the Habs GM opening sometime in the last decade or so.

Pretty crazy that he is where he is because Bowmans daughter went to the same school he was coaching at.

Reactions: DaveG

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chris Johnston said he’s interviewed twice for the GM job in Arizona.. as much as Pierre gets hate on I’d rather him than Dubas or Chayka as my GM lololol
It would be hilarious if the Yotes hired McGuire as GM. They'd go from a callow guy with his own take on analytics to a troglodyte who doesn't understand anything about data analysis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad