Is Pierre McGuire going to get any coach interviews?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I think he is one of the smartest hockey minds and he knows everything. Why won't teams interview him? Caps fan and I think it would be very funny if he was selected as the new Caps coach but it might actually be a terrific pick because his knowledge of the game is very high.

He doesn't want to coach or another reason?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
His time with the Whalers was a fiery disaster. A guy with a reputation like that won't get a chance again unless he has massive success at a lower level first.

Wonder if it had to do with him being the youngest coach in the league?

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
First of all, he's tried to get into management jobs as opposed to coaching jobs in recent years. Second of all, I couldn't think of anyone I'd be more adverse to hiring for a management or coaching job in my organization than Pierre.

Reactions: Sick Nuzuki

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Being young doesn't excuse being an egomaniac. A bad coach is a bad coach regardless of age and the good ol' boys club has a long memory. They keep hiring the same people over and over. The fact that they haven't done it with McGuire probably says more than any of us could know.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
McGuire actually has a cup ring as an assistant coach on the 91 Penguins. Make of that what you will...There were also rumors that the Pens considered him as a GM candidate the year they hired Rutherford.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
No GM would hire a coach with such a blatant misunderstanding and dislike of modern statistics

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Imagine hiring a weirdo like Pierre to lead your hockey team whether it's behind the bench or in management when there's millions of dollars on the line.

Im not trying to be disrespectful, he knows a lot about the game and clearly has a ton of passion, but there's a difference being a hockey nerd and working in a position that requires you to handle people & gain their respect.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pierre is the hockey equivalent of a suck-up teacher's pet who says "You forgot about our homework!" just before the bell rings and flexes his intelligence every chance he gets. You wanna beat the hell out of him but you know he's harmless and just excited to be there so you just do your best to ignore it. All said, not a good fit for a head coach. Like at all.

As an assistant though? Yeah maybe. But I think even in that role he'd drive his players crazy

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I'd consider him as a GM, assistant gm or head scout, but never a coach. Would love if he was the color commentary for canucks games tho - gets super excited and knows all the info.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I think he is one of the smartest hockey minds and he knows everything. Why won't teams interview him? Caps fan and I think it would be very funny if he was selected as the new Caps coach but it might actually be a terrific pick because his knowledge of the game is very high.

He doesn't want to coach or another reason?
Hes a f***ing creep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad