Line Combos: Is our PK greatly Improved?

How much has our PK improved with the FA additions

• Total voters

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just have to stop the east west shots and Myers screening the goalies to improve the PK
Voted 'a little', but I'd be prepared to upgrade it if the Canucks removed Myers from the PK permanently.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Pretty clearly meant PK, hence the concern about them being the ones in the box.
Maybe it is time to give him or her the benefit of the doubt that he or she just doesn't understand quite obvious things. Does that not seem to be how he or she intends it?

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Its worse but only for a short time - a few years. All these new, young defense will not pay dividends until first they get in the league, and second they get some NHL experience. Rare are guys like Hughes who can just step in. OEL may have lost his scoring but he could still play D - albeit way over priced.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
add in a healthy thatcher demko
I wonder what the PK% was with Spencer Martin in net. Had to be around 50%. A healthy Demko adds 10%, plus the 3 new PK'rs we got on FA day, that's another 5% = 85% PK. That would put us close to being the #1 PK in the league. What a turnaround!

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Our Penalty kill has not been the same since we let Tanev & Edler walked. If these players have the experience as PKers in their respective teams (teams that went to the playoff) then no doubt that these guys will improve our PK.

If our PK can get from bottom to the mid top half, I think we are looking at an easy playoff spot.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Our Penalty kill has not been the same since we let Tanev & Edler walked. If these players have the experience as PKers in their respective teams (teams that went to the playoff) then no doubt that these guys will improve our PK.

If our PK can get from bottom to the mid top half, I think we are looking at an easy playoff spot.

You mean with this defence?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Blueger gives us 2 solid faceoffs options on the PK now, instead of just Miller. Adding the 2 dmen should also help, as well as getting rid of OEL and reducing Myers' PK minutes. Goaltending should also be better than it was last year.

I count at least 4 legit reasons that the PK should be improved. Significantly (or "a lot") better seems pretty accurate to me, at least in theory - even it it only becomes average overall.

*glad I proofread this before posting, because I missed the "o" in count and it didn't do the squigley red underline thing
Mikheyev/Hronek hopefully playing a longer season should help a great deal as well.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
On paper it looks better, now it’s the actions that matter. Of course demko cannot be a tank commander like he was last year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Probably not though. We've had a horrendous PK over a whole bunch of different players and even coaches now. I think we just have a bad PK. Trying to fill it with bottom-of-roster guys, that ain't really gonna fix it either.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks PK became historic levels of bad the second OEL arrived. The PK is likely to improve drastically by simply removing him from the equation.

Reactions: Kryten and racerjoe

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Probably not though. We've had a horrendous PK over a whole bunch of different players and even coaches now. I think we just have a bad PK. Trying to fill it with bottom-of-roster guys, that ain't really gonna fix it either.

This feels like a weird argument?

If you have totally different players and totally different coaching, the past is pretty irrelevant.

Our PK was middling-ish last year once a) Tocchet took over, b) the goaltending stabilized with Demko's return, and c) bad PKers like OEL and Horvat were removed from the equation.

They've added a couple very solid PK defenders and a good PK C and I'd assume we have a massive improvement next year assuming Demko is healthy and playing well.

Reactions: me2

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Blueger gives us 2 solid faceoffs options on the PK now, instead of just Miller. Adding the 2 dmen should also help, as well as getting rid of OEL and reducing Myers' PK minutes. Goaltending should also be better than it was last year.

I count at least 4 legit reasons that the PK should be improved. Significantly (or "a lot") better seems pretty accurate to me, at least in theory - even it it only becomes average overall.

*glad I proofread this before posting, because I missed the "o" in count and it didn't do the squigley red underline thing
Maybe the red thingy was washed out by the other colour one that highlights bad grammar. It was guiding you to "I, :eek::eek::eek::eek:...".

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Legit worried about Demko, he will be a new dad this offseason, not gonna have his usual routine..

Can't afford another bad start from him.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
This is one area that large improvement should be expected. Moore and Blueger are first-over-the-boards PK guys and effective at it. Simply removing Horvat and OEL, and dialing back Miller's PK time should also lead to improvement.

Blueger - Mikheyev
Aman - Joshua
Pettersson - Miller

Cole - Soucy
Hughes - Hronek
Myers

Last edited:

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Having Petey and Miller be the leaders in SHGs while having the worst PK is the most Canucks stat line to ever exist. However removing OEL and Horvat and his petit-Bergeron junior rep should at least drag the numbers to middling.

Would love to get a RH centerman that PKs because we having had one since Sutter went down.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This is one area that large improvement should be expected. Moore and Blueger are first-over-the-boards PK guys and effective at it. Simply removing Horvat and OEL, and dialing back Miller's PK time should also lead to improvement.

Blueger - Mikheyev
Aman - Joshua
Pettersson - Miller

Moore - Soucy
Hughes - Hronek
Myers
You mean Cole..?

Reactions: bossram

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Having Petey and Miller be the leaders in SHGs while having the worst PK is the most Canucks stat line to ever exist. However removing OEL and Horvat and his petit-Bergeron junior rep should at least drag the numbers to middling.

Would love to get a RH centerman that PKs because we having had one since Sutter went down.
I am so glad that this perception is no longer a thing. So many people felt that Horvat was stronger defensively than Pettersson (before the Selke talk started to ramp up, anyways), and I just could not see that at all.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I am so glad that this perception is no longer a thing. So many people felt that Horvat was stronger defensively than Pettersson (before the Selke talk started to ramp up, anyways), and I just could not see that at all.

Was a total fraud. Horvat was the older player with a larger build so I think there were many assumptions around his defensive game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad