Line Combos: Is our PK greatly Improved?

How much has our PK improved with the FA additions

• Total voters

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Still need another forward to round it out, preferably Miller doesn't pk to reduce his ice time. Pearson is a big question mark heading into the season. Rather see an upgrade on DiG

Aman-Joshua
Pettersson-Mikeyhev
Bleuger-Pearson
Miller-DiG

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
It wasnt just bad the last two year,s it was all time NHL worst at times. Its better and I dont even know who is on it next year yer

Reactions: alternate

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It wasnt just bad the last two year,s it was all time NHL worst at times. Its better and I dont even know who is on it next year yer

The weird thing is that the Canucks were decent on the PK during the "Boudreau Bump" two seasons ago.

I think changing up the D and not having Horvat and Miller on the PK should help.

Reactions: MarkMM

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Whois tasked to do the PK ing up front ? Bleuger? Last year horvat was on the pk. Pettersson too but would like to see some changes.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I say yes too, but let’s not make another thread like this prematurely ehem

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Should be much improved, which is the good news. Bad news is our PK could be much improved and still not be any good. TBD if this gets us to league average, but at least it shouldn't be historically bad anymore.

Reactions: MarkMM

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i don't think it is a coincidence that all the guys we added pk and it should be better. however, part of our problem last year was goalies who lacked confidence and were not trusted by the players. a pk that believes it has to prevent average shot opportunities ends up giving up better ones.

Reactions: calnuck and MarkMM

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I say keep Pettersson-Miller with Hughes-whoever for one of our PK sets...the short handed goals were something we shouldn't mess with.

Mikheyev, Blueger, Cole, Soucy and Pearson all returning should all help things, and OEL and (presumably) Myers being bumped out should help things too.

Let's see how we go though, more then 60% is a better start though.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It should definitely be better on paper, so we’ll see. I do wonder how much time they’ll actually want Hronek playing short handed. There’s a lack of offensive acumen on the blue line and ideally he’s in a position to produce and drive play up ice. Bringing in Soucy and Cole should provide some good coverage.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Its a double edged sword

You hope Cole and Soucy improve the penalty kill
however
Both led their teams in minor penalties

Cole takes a F-load of penalties, when you take more penalties than Tyler Minors that tells you about his discipline

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Its a double edged sword

You hope Cole and Soucy improve the powerplay
however

Both led their teams in minor penalties

Cole takes a F-load of penalties, when you take more penalties than Tyler Minors that tells you about his discipline
What ?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Just have to stop the east west shots and Myers screening the goalies to improve the PK

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Blueger gives us 2 solid faceoffs options on the PK now, instead of just Miller. Adding the 2 dmen should also help, as well as getting rid of OEL and reducing Myers' PK minutes. Goaltending should also be better than it was last year.

I count at least 4 legit reasons that the PK should be improved. Significantly (or "a lot") better seems pretty accurate to me, at least in theory - even it it only becomes average overall.

*glad I proofread this before posting, because I missed the "o" in count and it didn't do the squigley red underline thing

Reactions: calnuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad