Is NJ one of the most improved offences in recent memory?

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
His problem was calling the devils a successful team.... luck will come crashing down. Sad :(

13-10=3
And honestly, the leafs were probably still more relevant in the years that the devils won the cup. #mecca

And not one Cup in the modern era, that's truly pathetic. We have three and have been to five since 1995 in league with more than 6 teams. #moreimpressive

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Hall has always been a volume shooter. He's been our best forward this year, but I think Schneider is our best player.

Anyways, my point was that we have the offensive depth to spare him to fill the gaping void at D.

Larsson
Santini
Severson

Would be such an improvement on our right side.

We don't have the offensive depth to spare him because as I've said and the stats prove, Hall is far and away the best offensive player on this team. If you genuinely believe the Devils would be better with Larsson than with Hall then by all means die on that hill, you'd be completely wrong though.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
His problem was calling the devils a successful team.... luck will come crashing down. Sad :(

13-10=3
And honestly, the leafs were probably still more relevant in the years that the devils won the cup. #mecca
Only thing you proved here is you can actually substract 3 from 13.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Hurricanes went from 172 goals (worst in the league) in the season before the 2004-2005 lockout to 294 (3rd in the league) after it. Granted a lot of that had to do with the dead puck era ending, but still quite an improvement either way.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Done well to add the players on offense that they did. Hall trade was a highway roberry. I haven't checked the stats but do recall someone saying their shooting % are not sustainable. If that's the case they'll regress a bit but their offense is good.

D needs help. Butcher has been very good but they need couple more pieces and they could be a real danger team.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
We don't have the offensive depth to spare him because as I've said and the stats prove, Hall is far and away the best offensive player on this team. If you genuinely believe the Devils would be better with Larsson than with Hall then by all means die on that hill, you'd be completely wrong though.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Sure, he's off to a great start this year, but Palmieri had just as many points last year and more goals (in more games) and Johansson scored more points (albeit on a separate team). I think there is a reasonable argument for him being our top offensive threat, but I wouldn't say it's by some tremendous margin. Hischier and Bratt are also proving to be legit offensive threats.

Anyways, there is no way either party can be right or wrong here. Let's just be happy we have the Schneider and are off to one of the best starts in franchise history.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Yes I do, especially considering how deep we have become up front.

Palmieri
Hischier
Bratt
Henrique
Johansson
Zajac
Stafford
Gibbons
Wood
Zacha

With guys like Quenneville, McLeod, Blandisi, Speers, Lapping on the way.

My computer just overheated after that take

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Original Post: "Is the NJD one of the most improved offenses in recent memory"

A couple responses: "No, Leafs last season was more impressive"

NJD fan responses: "Leafs don't count because they sucked on purpose"...

:huh:

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Original Post: "Is the NJD one of the most improved offenses in recent memory"

A couple responses: "No, Leafs last season was more impressive"

NJD fan responses: "Leafs don't count because they sucked on purpose"...

:huh:

Seems NJ fans would rather use the thread was more of a pat on the back thread than an actual discussion. In the future it would help if they made that clear in the first few posts. That way we'll all know to just post "yup, great job!".

Edited to show my disdain for the Devils fans that aren't being friendly, rather than then OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: naruto

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

13-10=3

Define relevant. More fans in the hockey viewing public by far and more media attention in Canada then yes. In the US it’s close since US media shy away somewhat from hockey in general and Canadians teams since Canadian viewers don’t count in the ratings.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Seems thread was more of a pat on the back thread than an actual discussion. In the future it would help if the OP made that clear in the first post. That way we'll all know to just post "yup, great job!".
Or maybe I asked a question and wanted people’s opinions.

Assuming what the OP is thinking is a bit of a bad bet on your side, no? I mean its almost as if I know what I was thinking therefore I would win the bet..

There was no problem with Leafs fans thinking their quick rebuild was more impressive. It was an answer to the question and led to more debate than your posts trying to mock me, the OP.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
NJ offense still look kinda suspect, depth wise. Their best goal scorer is some guy called Gibbons.

Isles are pretty improved, depth wise. Funny as they shipped off both Nielsen and Okposo.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Or maybe I asked a question and wanted people’s opinions.

Assuming what the OP is thinking is a bit of a bad bet on your side, no? I mean its almost as if I know what I was thinking therefore I would win the bet..

There was no problem with Leafs fans thinking their quick rebuild was more impressive. It was an answer to the question and led to more debate than your posts trying to mock me, the OP.

My apologies, my post my was directed at the Devils fans that can't handle any dissenting discussion throughout the thread. My post was worded poorly. I edited my post to reflect this.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They haven't even played 25 games yet lol.

Sure there offense is better than last year, but that was about as bad as you could get. They scored 16 more goals this season than last season at 24 games in which again is a nice bump, but let's not get overly dramatic. They are averaging about .6 more goals a game.

Last edited:

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
My apologies, my post my was directed at the Devils fans that can't handle any dissenting discussion throughout the thread. My post was worded poorly. I edited my post to reflect this.
Fair enough.

I found that a bit odd as well - I see the irritation of Toronto being involved in everything but that is just life, they run the biggest media for the sport. But I also think NJ’s is a bit more impressive for reasons stated, mainly Toronto stunk a bit longer for those picks whereas NJ was in the cup final 5 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad