Is Michkov next goalscoring king of NHL?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Michkov may be the guy that eclipses the Goal scoring mark. He will start 2 years before OV and all indications are he is every bit as talented a goal scorer at that age.

This will be interesting to watch.
just looking at Michkovs goal scoring numbers in his prospect stats.

Its insanity. He was born to score goals.
Michkov is signed with St. Petersburgh until 2025-26, so he'll be 21, going on 22 during the 2026-27 season (born December of 2004). Ovechkin turned 20 during training camp of his rookie year in 2005-06 (born September of 1985), technically his "19 going on 20" season. So Ovechkin will have actually had a 2 year "head start" as far as his NHL career goes

(I suppose between now and 2026 some transfer arrangement can be worked out between the NHL and KHL that would allow Michkov to come over earlier, but I wouldn't hold my breath).

I definitely wouldn't use how good they are at age 16 to make a guess at how many career goals Michkov will score. Plenty of guys tore it up at that age and had unremarkable NHL careers. 700+ NHL Goal Scorers don't exactly come around all that often.

Reactions: Dominance

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
Are people really serious when they think this kid will rival Ovechkin's career as a goal scorer? Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but there's a lot of prospects that never reach their own potential, let alone the greatest goal scorers of all time. I've not watched him live, so this is more of a generalized inquiry into the concensus of this players potential than it is me dogging on him.
Ovi is a bulldozer on skate and he is unhurtable so i doubt that this 5 foot 10 kid will match him career wise.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I think Crosby is like 5'10 IRL, which gets listed at 5'11. As far as I can tell every player under 6'0 gets a free inch in their player profile.
The majority of the top 50 all-time leading scorers in NHL history were 6 feet and under

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Alexander Daigle was a phenom....had 110 and 137 points in the QMJHL

Had 10 points in 7 games at the Juniors.

People said that he was better then Lafleur, a more complete player. Did I mention phenom?

It's wise to wait a bit before declaring them the next Crosby and Ovechkin.

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Way to young to project out. And that fancy shit like the lacrosse goals and splitting the defensemen through the middle with his head down won't work for him in the NHL.
I understand. But Bedards moves will obviously all work in the NHL. Well there are still some years before the draft. They Both will adapt if they really are rare Talents.

Reactions: User9992

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Only viewed the first video... Is he waiting until he breaks into the NHL to take his first slapshot?

Seems to have amazing command of the puck, both in handling it and placing it where he wants it to go with his shot...

Reactions: User9992

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
How big of an outlier is his 70 goals compared to his peers in the U16 that number seems bonkers?

First of all, I am not russian so I don't know much about other youngsters in u16 league. But I know one fact: 15 y.o. Ovi scored 41 goals in 32 games in the same competition where 15 y.o. Michkov scored 70 goals in 26 games. But then Ovi progressed very fast - he started to play for Dinamo Moscow's first team in Russian 1'st division when he was 16 y.o.

16 y.o. Ovi scored 18 Points (14G + 4A) in 8 games during 2002 U18 World Championships.
1200_1200_max.jpeg

17 y.o. Kucherov scored 21 Points (11G + 10A) in 7 games during 2011 U18 World Championships.
1200_1200_max.jpeg

16 y.o. Michkov scored 16 Points (12G + 4A) in 7 games during 2021 U18 World Championships.
4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Faterson

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I don’t care how tall ovi or Crosby were. They made it work and like the other guy said a majority of the top 50 scorers were barely 6’0. Height doesn’t really matter as much as it use to skill, speed and finesse are more important now

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
It’s going to be awesome when the Pens and Caps stink in 2022 and get their Sid and Ovi replacements in 2023.
Wright is in the 2022 draft, this is the year to give Kuznetsov an expense account, loan Backstrom to his home town club and tell Ovi to finish his doctoral thesis so we can scum both like the Pens did with Sid and Geno.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Way to young to project out. And that fancy shit like the lacrosse goals and splitting the defensemen through the middle with his head down won't work for him in the NHL.
I also noticed that he scores a lot on improbable plays, especially the lacrosse goals. Apparently he's had games with multiple lacrosse goals and it's just part of his overall game.

Either he's going to bring an interesting new dimension to the NHL or he's going to have to totally change his game soon and throw all projections out the window.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Got some pretty sweet skills for sure. I'll be following his path to the NHL. Seems to score a lot of unique goals. Relies on puck skills more than shot.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Alexander Daigle was a phenom....had 110 and 137 points in the QMJHL

Had 10 points in 7 games at the Juniors.

People said that he was better then Lafleur, a more complete player. Did I mention phenom?

It's wise to wait a bit before declaring them the next Crosby and Ovechkin.
Daigle never scored goals at the pace Michkov does though.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Daigle never scored goals at the pace Michkov does though.
I think that the point is that clearly in Daigle's case, crazy point totals as a youth clearly did not translate to good point totals as a pro. The same line of thinking could be translated to goals.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad