Is Malkin really 10-11 months younger than Ovechkin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't care. You asked for Daigle's international stats, so I posted them.

If I wanted to put a spin on the stats in Daigle's favor, I could.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jacobv2 said:
I don't care. You asked for Daigle's international stats, so I posted them.

If I wanted to put a spin on the stats in Daigle's favor, I could.

AO is a god . . .THE God . . . Mario will be glad someday to be mentioned in the same hemisphere with him . . . . now fall into line damnnit or it may not happen . . .

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Players who excel in the World Juniors and Under-18's generally do quite well in the NHL. Forsberg, Naslund, Kovalchuk, ect. Ovechkin broke the scoring record in the under-18's and has led the World Junior tournament in scoring.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
Players who excel in the World Juniors and Under-18's generally do quite well in the NHL.
Generally speaking, but certainly not always.

http://www.canadianhockey.ca/e/teams/mens/junior/1992/index.html

Look at some of the names that dot the scoring lead for Canada in these years. Kimbi Daniels? Martin Gendron?

Ovechkin broke the scoring record in the under-18's
Oh really? You know, that was an interesting fact the first 40 times you posted it.

and has led the World Junior tournament in scoring
Patrik Bartschi has outproduced AO in the past two WJCs, and is only a year older than Ovechkin. He's also one of the top scorers in the Swiss league, a men's league with a handful of former NHLers. This should mean that Bartschi is on the level of Ovechkin, right?

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Foppa, you must be really reaching for positives in your life to gain so much happiness from an unproven commodity.

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
We keep seeing capitals fans (specifically in this thread) give us the numbers, the data, the articles, etc. as to why AO is alone in his greatness... and conversely try to prove that Malkin is nowhere near him. Will someone please tell me what the point of this is? I have my own opinion:

Is is possible that Caps fan fears the fact that the so called "gap" may be closing and with it the possibility is increasing that the Caps could do what they do so well and BLOW THE PICK by trading it?

Maybe you should do some Malkin research just in case the Capitals live up to their billing as a failed franchise and do the unthinkable :)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
CarpeDiem said:
1.) Why do you always have to go back and deflate Malkin's potential? Ovechkin is better, Washington has won the lottery, can't you just accept that? This is the most pathetic thing I've seen, sore winners trying to devalue the stock of a #2 pick just because he has the potential to be on the same level as Ovechkin?

2.) You've seen nothing from Malkin suggesting he might reach the same level as Ovechkin? I guess Conte and Dudley are watching the Russian Snookers League or whatever other sport Ovechkin plays...

I'm not trying to devalue Malkin, I'm talking hockey.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
CarpeDiem said:
Your attempt at not devaluing Malkin was not apparent to me. You were pretty transparent about your opinions of Malkin in your last dozen posts in the thread. If you are going to compare Malkin and Ovechkin at least let them play a couple of NHL games first before proclaiming that Malkin will never be on Ovechkin's level by simply saturating us with the amount of goals Ovechkin has in the WJC's and his background in the U-18's.

:nopity:

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
What did Daigle do internationally?
Its not at all surprising that you missed the point.

Alexandre Daigle was the next great thing. Cant miss. The best since Lemieux.

What happend to him. Oh thats right he just got a couple hundred congrats on scoring 20 posts after the season.

I happen to think AO will be a great player. I think kinda like Nolan. Great player but not the best from his draft year.

What has AO done in the NHL?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That beats what Ero usually does.. Which is just leaving the thread altogether when he/she is proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad