Is Malkin really 10-11 months younger than Ovechkin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I've heard rumblings that he isn't even a man, but rather some sort of male/female hybrid.

Hoot

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Damn every other nation in the world and their different orders.

It's Either September 1 or January 9th...

In Finland it's day/month/year - very logical you know :p:

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Ovechkin miss the last draft by a day so he's older than many who will go in the first round.
Last year in the draft Florida tried to draft Ovechkin in the 8th round claiming that at least 2 leap years had passed since he was born therefore making him elidgeable. :lol

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Hoot said:
In Finland it's day/month/year - very logical you know :p:

Yeah, I know in most other countries that's the way it goes, but it still throws me off when I quickly do a google search and see 1/9/1986 and 9/1/1986 on two different sites.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Irish_Leaf said:
Last year in the draft Florida tried to draft Ovechkin in the 8th round claiming that at least 2 leap years had passed since he was born therefore making him elidgeable. :lol

I beleive it was a 9th rounder and I think it was a very good try. What a steel they would have do if the NHL would have approve that.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
EroCaps said:
Does it matter?

Malkin has yet to outperform Ovechkin at any level.
Of course, "yet to" also implies that he might in the future. Anything nearing a year is important when the prospects are as close on the draft board as AO and EM are. I'm not saying that Malkin will have a better career, but that they're closer than many feel, and some of it has to do with age.

~Crazed.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
EroCaps said:
Does it matter?

Malkin has yet to outperform Ovechkin at any level.
Nobody is saying that. Quit being on the defensive about this subject.

Bottom line is that the younger, the better. Look at one of your favorite team's top prospects, Eric Fehr. Super young for the 2003 draft, many thought that had he been born a little later, he'd have been considered a top 10 guy in 2004 but hadn't shown as much as other prospects that were technically in his age group. One year later and he is, by all accounts, doing wonders with that extra year of development he had on the 19 year olds.

Scary to think this is my draft year
Yeah, really. It dawned on me during last year's draft that I would never be turning pro.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think the first two picks this year would be very interesting if you were to freeze Ovechkin in time and give EM that year to continue to develop. I feel they would be very close in talent and upside potential.

So the Pens in a year or two could have an Ovechkin like player on their hands.

IF they take him. :shakehead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->