Is Laine going to surpass Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Vincent Damphousse wasn't exactly a slouch and Laine has the benefit of playing with Scheifle, who imho is one of the best young centre's in the game, maybe one of the top 3 under 24 in the league..... soon to be a bonafide superstar if he can carry the Jets deep into the playoffs

Cheechoo didn't play on Damphousses line. He played on the third line with Ricci and Scott Thornton when he scored 28 goals.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
Jets fans I've spoken to believe he is already much better than McDavid and should have no trouble smashing Ovechkins totals.

Not so sure I'd go as far as saying that but I don't see the Jets play like their fans do so maybe they are right.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Cheechoo didn't play on Damphousses line. He played on the third line with Ricci and Scott Thornton when he scored 28 goals.

Guys can we stop overrating out players and go back to underrating

That was also the 03/04 season where the leading goal scorers were tied at 41. Cheechoo was an elite goal scorer before the injuries slowed him too much.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Jets fans I've spoken to believe he is already much better than McDavid and should have no trouble smashing Ovechkins totals.

Not so sure I'd go as far as saying that but I don't see the Jets play like their fans do so maybe they are right.

Lol no chance.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

in 02/03 yep for sure in 03/04 he started on the 4th line with Ricci/Thorton and by late november Wilson made him a regular linemate of MacAuley and ended up with Vinny full time by around game 50

once Wilson knew what he had in Cheechoo and trusted him he wasn't going to let him linger on 4th line

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Those are some crazy Jets fans.

I'd trade Laine for McDavid in a second.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Laine doesn't have generational talent

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Laine doesn't have generational talent

Sure he does. But let's not make too big fuzz about it. It is just one attribute in one context about the kid. Not a big deal. Not in any other context.

Being a true talent is to transcend the limits of one's talent and all the distracting fuzz involved.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I enjoy watching hot takes in old threads but has this thread been bothering you for the last 5 years?
Anyways, Illpucks thread so no surprise.

Classic HF thread in general, anointing a prospect as the next Ovechkin or the next Gretzky/Lemieux/Crosby after they've only played 15 games.

I wonder how ridiculous some threads open today will look in 5 years.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
No, mister.

No sir.

But we didn't event want to dance; arrive in Finland-style when Sovjet Russia -39 ... that even they tried that on one us poor (Finland). That's blue for you. Laine for you.

Finland said: Bye bye Ivan, bye bye ... go back home. And they did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad