Is Jamie Benn underrated?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
How do you determine skill? Benn has a better highlight reel than Seguin and is more multi dimensional than Ovechkin. Crosby also thinks he's Canada's best forward

Everyone has their right of their opinion, seguin isnt based on pure skills, hes based on his shot, speed, and IQ to read the game and be at the right place at the right time just like stamkos. Yes benn has some fancy hands at time but they always involves him having 2 guys on him and being strong enough with 1 foot to somehow pass thru it, going hard at the puck. Im not saying benn will be bad, i just personnaly think his style of play when he'll lose a bit of speed and strengh over time he wont stay at the elite level as long as guys who are strictly based on pure skills, hockey IQ playmaking abilites, you mentioned ovechkin, you are 100% right, i have to say im probably ome of ovie biggest fan with kane since they entered the league, when have we seen in the history of hockey a guy who would win the rocket year after year while finishing top 5 in hits... even top 3, well that was ovie in his early career and early prime, he knows he cant play like this night after night, difference is Ovechkin has arguably the strongest onetime + wrist shot in the game. Its not the perfect example but think of Eric staal, still effective! Elite? Not so much, was considered top3 foward in the league at some point! Like i said its personnal opinion, only time will tell!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad