Is it Time Winnipeg Starts Hutchinson?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He wasn't good in the first two series either. Jets just didn't run into a better goaltender. Difference of opinion,yet here we are down 3-1 and quite a few terrible goals from Helle. And yes, Mason up next I meant.
I'll tell you what so many people told us in reference to Rinne, you gotta score more than 1-2 goals if you are going to win many games.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
He wasn't good in the first two series either. Jets just didn't run into a better goaltender. Difference of opinion,yet here we are down 3-1 and quite a few terrible goals from Helle. And yes, Mason up next I meant.
Some games Rinne played real well, and others not so much.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Helly lost the game tonight. Thats for sure. Goals 2 and 3 shouldnt have happened.
Goal 2 is all Helly, he can't give up a rebound when he should've made the save and seconds later it's in the net. And of course right after Jets score again. Bad

And I didn't like the 3rd one either.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
it's this simple,

Jets have to win the next game.

Is putting in your back-up to try to mix things up a good idea?

No, that is a very bad idea.

Goaltending is not the issue.

In fact the Jets issue isn't one of effort or execution or skill etc, Vegas is simply the better team and just by a hair and that hair is enough to win.

Actually I take that back. Vegas are better because of the effort, it is non-stop and they are very well coached. It's crazy impressive to watch frankly.
Though this is true I have to agree with the sentiment of a lot of posters that there is a clear separation between Fleury and Hellebuyck in performance.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Though this is true I have to agree with the sentiment of a lot of posters that there is a clear separation between Fleury and Hellebuyck in performance.

Certainly a difference in team defense in front of the 2. WPG isn't capitalizing on shot opportunities or hitting the open net available to them from MAF. MAF is average (sometimes bad) at rebound control and high glove shots. WPG keeps putting shots low into his pads without a player to bang home a rebound. All that being said, WPG has to expect at least >.900SV% goaltending if they hope to win a single game, and they only had that in game 1. A change in net probably wouldn't be any worse, but then again...it's Steve Mason who hasn't really played well since 2017.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Games are too tight for Hellebuyck to be letting a soft goal in. Jets are also getting more higher quality chances than Vegas.

I don’t think making a silly change in games that are this close is the right answer. Have to keep going as is.

This series isn’t over. Jets can win the next three. Don’t sabotage this possibility.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Goal 2 is all Helly, he can't give up a rebound when he should've made the save and seconds later it's in the net. And of course right after Jets score again. Bad

And I didn't like the 3rd one either.
Helle has given up a soft goal in every game this round. can't do that and win in 3rd round. Got a way with that in second round in half the games as Rinne got pulled 3 times.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Games are too tight for Hellebuyck to be letting a soft goal in. Jets are also getting more higher quality chances than Vegas.

I don’t think making a silly change in games that are this close is the right answer. Have to keep going as is.

This series isn’t over. Jets can win the next three. Don’t sabotage this possibility.

yeah, HF can affect the outcome here.. :surrender

And soft goals are not determining the winner in this series. (so far at least)

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
yeah, HF can affect the outcome here.. :surrender

And soft goals are not determining the winner in this series. (so far at least)

Where did I say that HF has any influence on the decision? My comment is that the Jets should not change goalies since that would sabotage their chance of salvagine the series.

Soft goals are certainly impacting these games. When they are largely one goal margins, letting a soft goal(s) per game is a major factor.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
You obviously have never met or know what Helly is like in person. Arrogant is the last word I would use to describe him.
Talk is cheap. Can you provide a source? Videos? Anything suggesting he is "full of himself" by media, inside sources, former clubs (College, WHC, World Cup, NAHL, etc)?

Hellebuyck has an arrogant attitude and I have met him multiple times and he is quite often a prick to fans.

You can pick it off in most of his interviews especially after they lose.

I personally am not so pro Jets that I can not admit his faults which are fixable or when he is playing like dog shit.

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
By no means has Hellybuck been "Terrible". But, you gotta change momentum somehow. He looks exhausted. Giving up soft goals left and right. It would be a major move. But..it may be necessary.

Change momentum is other players need to score goals.
Only Schiefele and Laine have multiple goals in the series.
And 6 players have scored in 6 games.
Vaunted offense is missing.
They are trying hard but they are not lifting the pucks high enough when they shoot.

Though Fleury did made keys saves in critical times the last 2 games.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Change momentum is other players need to score goals.
Only Schiefele and Laine have multiple goals in the series.
And 6 players have scored in 6 games.
Vaunted offense is missing.
They are trying hard but they are not lifting the pucks high enough when they shoot.

Though Fleury did made keys saves in critical times the last 2 games.

Winnipeg did score last game though. The problem is Helly let in two weak goals. I have no clue what Helly was doing on that third goal by Vegas. Just stood there and did not move as the puck went into the net.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Winnipeg did score last game though. The problem is Helly let in two weak goals. I have no clue what Helly was doing on that third goal by Vegas. Just stood there and did not move as the puck went into the net.
Im.not saying he wasnt at fault.
But the team is not scoring.
They are even chasing the games all the time and that is harder to do and tougher on the players , chasing all games.

Jets need to score more
Early and from different lines.

Helly need to make key saves.

And Jets D, pinches need to be sorted out.
Its been read by the Knights like a book already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad