Is it time we start talking about Ryan Miller?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Ryan Miller is having maybe the best start to the season of his career. Playing on whats probably gonna be the WORSE team in the league with just about the WORSE defense in the league he somehow has a Goals Against Avg at 1.74 for 6th best in the league and save % of 939 which is 7th best in the league (basically tied for 6th) and has kinda 1 SHUTOUT (not legally counted as Calgary scored empty netter when Miller pulled for extra skater for upcoming penalty)

Everyone said he was done but tbh as a Canucks fan who never liked this signing and him coming here and who has seen the team self destruct and turn into a pile of mess Ryan Miller has thru all the pain and misery been quite a amazing goalie and if played like that on a REAL team his numbers would be even BETTER so its really hard maybe for some fans to really appreciate how great he has played so far this season

The question is when the Canucks are officially knocked out of a playoff spot before the TDL will the Canucks trade this sensational goalie or will Benning pull a Benning and Hamhuis him

Hers some videos

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Miller seems to be his best when he has to really put in a lot of work. I think his numbers could be better than expected this year, particularly in relation to where the Canucks will probably end up.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Miller is outplaying Markstrom.

Canucks do not have a recovery plan for low scoring output.

Benning has pledged playoffs.

These factors do not indicate any change. Miller will be good when rested all season on a really poo team. There won't be any deadline deals or anything like that. I think the team will try to extend him.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Miller seems to be his best when he has to really put in a lot of work. I think his numbers could be better than expected this year, particularly in relation to where the Canucks will probably end up.

This is true.

The worse his team plays in front of him, the better he seems to play. He'll probably end up stealing a lot of points the Canucks otherwise won't deserve but in the end, it may not impact the standings significantly.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Miller was always a good goalie. It's that 5 hole goal by Crosby that derailed his "one of the best in the game" status. It's been downhill ever since. Can he regain one of the best status? Yes, if he brings this Van team into the playoffs.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
So you have stated your opening argument on a sales pitch to sell the guy. You might get a 3rd rounder.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
People think we're bad now? Imagine what our team will be like when our goaltending returns to normal.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Miller is old and will breakdown at some point this season. He's good if they really manage his starts, but I doubt they do that.

embee

Apr 29, 2011
Classic Mogilny to Bure thread pumping the tires for no good reason.

I never shake my head more than those times I read his "guarantees".

Miller and Markstrom have both been good this year. They were both good last year as well.

Goaltending is not the Canucks problem.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Literally 4 games doesn't get the conversation started. Maybe talk when he's played 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad