Is it time for MB to make an offer to EDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I got Yaks for DD and a 2nd rounder in NHL15 :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I would love to see Chuckie and Yaks reunited but I'm not sure what it would take to get him.

If the Oilers are smart, they would start with Tinner.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Desharnais for Perron isn't far fetched in reality. It's just that Edmonton thinks their players are better than they are which is even harder to believe since they've been so bad for so long.

Honestly, for the health of Edmonton fans I hope they clean out the front office before they trade any players. Probably best for them to bottom out, get one of McDavid, Eichel or Hannifin (sp?) and then clean house in the offseason and go from there.

If they were to hire a president and GM with no emotional attachment to any player in the organization they could come in and objectively make trades to improve the on ice product. Otherwise they'll just continue to ruin high end players.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
After giving it about 2 minutes worth of thought, Desharnais for Perron reminds me a lot of JvR for Schenn. A trade that seems ridiculous, but could very well happen.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Eller + for Eberle

Why not DD?

Is Eller a problem in his role as a third center? Or DD a problem as a first center?

With Eller gone, who plays 3rd center? You want to take Galchenyuk off Plekanec's wing and make that line weaker just to put him on the third line and play with Prust?

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Why not DD?

Is Eller a problem in his role as a third center? Or DD a problem as a first center?

With Eller gone, who plays 3rd center? You want to take Galchenyuk off Plekanec's wing and make that line weaker just to put him on the third line and play with Prust?

because Eller is hot right now, so maybe we should trade him before he get cold, I don't think DD can give us Eberle.

Malhotra can play on the 3rd.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
A lot of posters on this board underestimate the value of team chemistry. If you watch 24CH it's pretty obvious that this is a pretty tight knit group and that's what makes them successful on the ice. Contrary to popular belief, DD is extremely well-liked in the room. Do you guys not remember how the team rallied behind him (especially Max) during last year's struggles? I think trading DD would ruin the flow of this team, and yes I'm being serious. Pacioretty is such an emotional player I don't think he'd react well to it all.

I know trading DD would make the team better but I don't think it would be enough of an upgrade to warrant destabilizing the locker room. Just look at the effect that losing Boychuck had on the Bruins. MB puts a lot of value in team chemistry and character players. DD isn't my favourite but I think a lot of people on this board underestimate him and I don't think we'd get equal value in a trade.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Desharnais for Perron isn't far fetched in reality. It's just that Edmonton thinks their players are better than they are which is even harder to believe since they've been so bad for so long.

To your point... In the last 3 seasons including this one Perron has 69 pts vs DD's 67 pts at EV. 2 less GP for Perron, but a slight edge in a minimal amount of more 5on5 ice time. Basically have produced the same on the surface.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
because Eller is hot right now, so maybe we should trade him before he get cold, I don't think DD can give us Eberle.

Malhotra can play on the 3rd.

So you rather have 2 scoring lines instead of 3? Instead of having a center that has 4 game winning goals on the third line, and 6 even strength goals, you would replace him with a center than has 0 goal, 0 pt. Having a first center with 0 even strength goal and a third center that has 0 pt. Yeah sounds like a great idea.

Also, I thought you said DD is our best offensive center, that Eller is no where as good as DD offensively etc etc..

So just because Eller is hot for like 10 games now, he's suddenly have more value than DD for you?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
A lot of posters on this board underestimate the value of team chemistry. If you watch 24CH it's pretty obvious that this is a pretty tight knit group and that's what makes them successful on the ice. Contrary to popular belief, DD is extremely well-liked in the room. Do you guys not remember how the team rallied behind him (especially Max) during last year's struggles? I think trading DD would ruin the flow of this team, and yes I'm being serious. Pacioretty is such an emotional player I don't think he'd react well to it all.

I know trading DD would make the team better but I don't think it would be enough of an upgrade to warrant destabilizing the locker room. Just look at the effect that losing Boychuck had on the Bruins. MB puts a lot of value in team chemistry and character players. DD isn't my favourite but I think a lot of people on this board underestimate him and I don't think we'd get equal value in a trade.

I don't care if Desharnais is the best man at every teammates wedding. If there is a trade that makes the team better you do it. It's a business and the job of the GM is to make the team better.

Keep in mind, everyone loved Budaj and he was moved without much thought when Tokarski gave them a better chance at winning.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Other ideas:
-Hire Tony Robbins as a motivator.
-Bring Pacioretty's mom at all games.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
A lot of posters on this board underestimate the value of team chemistry.

Gorges, Gionta, Budaj, Bouillon, Murray, Moen, Bourque, Briere were all moved in the last few months. The first three guys formed a huge chunk of the leadership of last year's success. The habs transition to the current team was fine chemistry wise, I doubt moving DD will suddenly screw up room chemistry.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Gorges, Gionta, Budaj, Bouillon, Murray, Moen, Bourque, Briere were all moved in the last few months. The first three guys formed a huge chunk of the leadership of last year's success. The habs transition to the current team was fine chemistry wise, I doubt moving DD will suddenly screw up room chemistry.

Yes and no.

You don't know if Patches will mesh well with our other centres.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
if we can, i'd say yes, but I think Eller is a better fit for the oilers, don't you think ?

Eller is also a great fit for the Habs. DD is not considering he's blocking Galchenyuk's move to centre and limits the flexibility of the top 6 since he HAS to play with Pacioretty and HAS to get all the pp time and o-zone starts to produce. The odd man out at centre is DD and it's clear by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad