Is it time for MB to make an offer to EDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
Edmonton is struggling once again. This time around, rumors are they are willing to trade some players. Montreal needs someone to play on the 1st line. Perron, Eberle and Yakupov are all interesting options.
What would you guys offer for these guys?

Perron:
Eberle:
Yakupov:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If all they're offering is Perron, I'm not interested in trading a roster player or prospect for him.

Yaks, Eberle, Schultz are all players Id trade for if the price isn't exobitant, which they will be. Oilers have an unrealastic view of their players.

For them id trade DD or Eller depending on the player coming back and some depth defensemen. Just not sure we're good trading partners right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Edmonton is on record as not wanting to trade any of their main guys in addressing their woes.

Edmonton will tank again and land one of the top picks, who will translate into a surefire high end talent given this year's crop.

Good for them. Don't see them as a trading partner for us.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Actually the announcers last night before Saturday's games on TV, said that Edmonton were adamant on keeping their young players. So the rumors aren't coming from the Oilers or Habs, I tend to believe that Eakins and the Oilers are becoming a very close knit team that is on the cusp of some great things.:nod:

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
@DarrenDreger: Among Oilers trade targets...David Perron. Told MacTavish is asking for a top center in return. Edmtn gm obviously working phones. #TSN

DD to EDM ? :sarcasm:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
If Edmonton doesn't take some high end D, and then a bunch of sure-fire character players, I will scream. They have been blessed with so much opportunity, but they keep on going for high end wingers.

I also think that they should trade, for leadership. They should have traded for Gorges or something. They need leaders. That defines dude they got from the Bruins was decent, but they have to go further, in my mind.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
If all they're offering is Perron, I'm not interested in trading a roster player or prospect for him.

Yaks, Eberle, Schultz are all players Id trade for if the price isn't exobitant, which they will be. Oilers have an unrealastic view of their players.

For them id trade DD or Eller depending on the player coming back and some depth defensemen. Just not sure we're good trading partners right now.

I'd trade DD for Perron in a heartbeat

Analyzer*

Yeah, but this fan base isn't willing to pay what is required, so why bother ?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
@DarrenDreger: Among Oilers trade targets...David Perron. Told MacTavish is asking for a top center in return. Edmtn gm obviously working phones. #TSN

DD to EDM ? :sarcasm:

I'm not sure why you'd need to add a sarcasm smiley, it's actually not that ridiculous. Desharnais would play in the same role and produce as much or more in Edmonton, he'd definitely be considered a top-6 center. I'm not sold on it making the Habs a better team though.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I'm not sure why you'd need to add a sarcasm smiley, it's actually not that ridiculous. Desharnais would play in the same role and produce as much or more in Edmonton, he'd definitely be considered a top-6 center. I'm not sold on it making the Habs a better team though.

He would basically be an improved version of Gagner. As much as people bash DD, I'm sure Yakupov and him could develop some good chemistry, much like Patches did since DD is a very good set-up man.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
20% of the problem are the players but the other 80% is management. I didn't think it was possible to beat the Isles from a few years ago, but the Oilers just did it.

If this was in Montreal, no way it would last more than a month. It's a disgrace to Edmonton and their fans. :rant:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
What does Perron bring that Desharnais doesn't? Other than about five inches, not much. They're very close in terms of production, defensive ability, physicality, speed, and skill set. If anything, I feel as if Desharnais is the more valuable player considering his position and ability to make other players around him produce (usually).

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
I would take Perron in a heartbeat. Petry too but we might have too many D for it to make sense. Yakupov and Eberle will cost too much. If Edmonton's smart (they aren't) they should trade Schultz before the rest of the league catch on to how bad he is.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
What does Perron bring that Desharnais doesn't?

Ability to play the wing, thereby allowing Galchenyuk to move to centre. More flexibility as well since Pacioretty is no longer tied to player with only one centre.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As far of whether MB should be making an offer to EDM -- the path of least resistance is always a counterpart who qualifies as one of the worst asset managers in the league.

B3Gs11yCQAEW-JM.jpg

(Thanks to team_spirit for making this available)

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What does Perron bring that Desharnais doesn't? Other than about five inches, not much. They're very close in terms of production, defensive ability, physicality, speed, and skill set. If anything, I feel as if Desharnais is the more valuable player considering his position and ability to make other players around him produce (usually).

Secondary scoring (even if they are tied in goals this season but Perron scored 28 last season) and ability to play wing.

StartTheShow

Dec 29, 2013
Yeah there would have to be an add on the Habs side if there was going to be a deal around DD and Perron.

Would any Habs fans or EDM fans do this trade?

To MTL
Perron

To EDM
DD
Fucale
3rd rd pick

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I got Yaks for DD and a 2nd rounder in NHL15 :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I would love to see Chuckie and Yaks reunited but I'm not sure what it would take to get him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If the reports that the Oil are trying to trade Perron for a 1st line centre are true, than they're even more out to lunch than I thought.

Would they trade Nuge or Draisetl for Perron? Me thinks not. That management is seriously lost. If I'm Katz, I'd fire the bunch of these donkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad