Is it time for MB to make an offer to EDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I think it's the other way around. MB would want more than Perron for Desharnais.

1-Centers are more valuable than LW
2-Desharnais has a lower cap hit
3-MB is dealing from a position of strength, MacT is not.

That being said I don't think MB wants to move Galchenyuk midseason. I think they make a move next summer...it may be Plekanec or Eller or Desharnais...might depend on Plekanec's willingness to sign a 2-3-4 year extension, he is a UFA in 2016.

Of course you think it's the other way around. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'd give a lot for the Oilers' first round pick in 2015. It would be a gamble because what the Oilers receive in exchange might elevate them a couple of places in the standings.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Depends on the prospect. If it's someone like Hudon, perhaps it's somewhat fair to us (though Edmonton will demand more). If it's someone like DLR, it'll be fair for Edmonton, but appear as too much for us.

Perron is not better than Eller.
Eller has far more value than Perron.
What has Perron ever done in the playoffs 7 points in 15 games woooooot...
Has Perron ever dominated or controlled play at all?
No he is a fifty point winger with good hands and little guts.
A career high 57 points on an Oiler team with no urge to back-check and a -16.

Perhaps if you are so fed up with talking with unknowledgeable Habs Fans you can just change your name to SharK? We watched Perron grow up we know what he is...

cheers;)

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
No need of any Oilers besides hall. We had too many yakupovs and eberles on this team already

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
No need of any Oilers besides hall. We had too many yakupovs and eberles on this team already

I think we could use someone like Perron. It would push Gallagher to the third line and Prust down to the 4th. I think he fits the mould of our team and our style of play. It would be interesting.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'd give a lot for the Oilers' first round pick in 2015. It would be a gamble because what the Oilers receive in exchange might elevate them a couple of places in the standings.
Eller, DD and Glachenyuk? Would you do it? Just throwing DD in there since we all want him out.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Do you remember that trade at all, or did you just start following hockey? At the time, it was obvious the deal clearly favoured Edmonton. Perron was a cap casualty. And Perron is coming off a great season. But no, 4x 40+ points and 2x 50+ points is less than top 6 production. :sarcasm: And one of those 40+ point season was 42 points in 57 games. I'm done arguing with you, you embody the reason why Habs fans are hated - you try to argue vehemently on grounds that don't exist. Don't worry, fight the quick sand, and it'll be over quickly. And I know you're going to respond to me, just to get the last lick in, but know that I'll outright ignore you whatever you say.

Nope that would be you. Cap casualties refer to those deemed expendable by their team. If they loved him or even liked him they would have found a way to have kept him by moving someone else. That's a pretty clear indictment of a player who once again is being shopped his team.

Compared to other forwards across the league it's obvious you overvalue this player for whatever reason. Perron has never finished higher than 54th in overall scoring among forwards. Excluding his rookie season he's finished 54th, 119th, 55th (pro rated season), 106th, 92nd and is currently sitting at 130th. At his best, he produces like a middle of the pack top 6 and some seasons he produces like a 3rd liner. And low and behold for the 3rd time in 6 full seasons he is again producing like a 3rd liner. The same is true of his 5on5 production, which people who know the value of that, demonstrates the same thing. Good for him that he's played in the top 6, but what he's done with those minutes aren't blowing anyone away. Argue it, deny it, ignore it all you like, but the facts are right there over his entire career.

All you've done is thrown around insults and backed it with very little in the way of actual evidence to demonstrate anything tangible, although your identifying of RNH's "stickwork" had me in awe. As if it is out of this world to argue that Eller for Perron is fair value, as if were talking about Hall or Eberle. I hope other posters have noted how you've stated amongst other things that Habs' fans are hated for "vehemently arguing on grounds that don't exist." Your exact words. A hasty generalization if ever there was one. Which is hilarious because if ever there was an example for one's lack of self-awareness that is exactly what you have done the entire time.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Perron would still make softer and easier to play against. What we need is a Simmons or a Backes so hopefully Mac can become that physical winger.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From the Oilers forum:

Maybe the Oilers can trade Perron for 5'7" Desharnais.

As a long time Habs fan 5'7 is a joke he is more like 5'5 and soft as butter. You guys would love him. lol. I can't imagine your GM is dumb enough to even consider it. Hab fans who don't care about his birth certificate are in an unrelenting hell watching him game in and game out. If our GMs are talking it is probably about Lars Eller. I like Perron a lot but wouldn't want to give up Eller for him.

Hab fan ruining DD's name on other forums and doing a better job than we are. :laugh:

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-perron-could-be-dealt-within-days/

Friedman mentions the Mellanby connection to Perron but the price for Perron might be too hefty for MTL. I wouldn't be willing to give up Eller or Tinordi/Beaulieu, which probably means its a long shot. But Perron in our top 9 would probably solidify our roster.

Interesting that they are looking at acquiring a 3C for Perron with Anisimov. A 3C even with Dubinksy not playing. Multiple sources reporting those two as the primary of a deal :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Perron is not better than Eller.
Eller has far more value than Perron.
What has Perron ever done in the playoffs 7 points in 15 games woooooot...
Has Perron ever dominated or controlled play at all?
No he is a fifty point winger with good hands and little guts.
A career high 57 points on an Oiler team with no urge to back-check and a -16.

Perhaps if you are so fed up with talking with unknowledgeable Habs Fans you can just change your name to SharK? We watched Perron grow up we know what he is...

cheers;)

Post that on the main board. I dare you. ;) And Perron is one of the few who regularly shows grit. Keep taking shots, but I know far more about hockey, and the Habs than you.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've never been a big fan of Perron. I think this is well known, a lot of it comes from defending Patches against Perron in the beginnings of their career.

That being said. If Bergevin pulled off DD for Perron without giving up major prospects or picks. I may just blindly trust him for the rest of his tenure.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Post that on the main board. I dare you. ;) And Perron is one of the few who regularly shows grit. Keep taking shots, but I know far more about hockey, and the Habs than you.

Sure you do. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess Perron just can't find his fit...
Moved from one of the strongest teams to one of weakest teams and not able to stick with either.
Send him over to the soft soft east where he can become a beast. :sarcasm:

The main board being the fair and impartial panel to anything Habs related. :help:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Desharnais just gives the Oilers more of what they already have. Really can't see them being interested at all unless the prices for some of the other targets thrown around (Anisimov, Berglund) is just too expensive.

Plus, they already have RNH and Draisaitl down the middle. At least Anisimov or Berglund could be viable 3C options if they want to keep those two on scoring lines. Desharnais isn't a 3C, he needs to play on offensive lines too. Only way I can see them trading for Desharnais is if they're sending down Draisaitl (which they should have already done and maybe still will, but that's another story).

It makes more sense for them to ask for Eller, if they're going to trade for any of our centres. And then you come around to the fact that an Eller for Perron swap is not in Montreal's best interests. So that kills that deal right there IMO.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Bergy will only trade if it fits our needs.

#1 big talented center

Unless it includes Ryan Nugent Hopkins or Leon Drasaitl or Taylor Hall, there is no point making a trade for Nail Yakupov, Darnell Nurse, Justin Schultz etc.

We have Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk, Brenden Gallagher as our top wingers.
Drasaitl and Hall fits more to our style than Nugent Hopkins. Drasaitl isn't worth much as he's still unproven. I would give something like Dustin Torkarski, Nathan Beaulieu and Lars Eller to get a player like Drasaitl. Besides Edmonton will likely get Mcdavid or Eichel so why have RNH, Mcdavid, Drasaitl when they can address some other needs.

Galchenyuk-Drasaitl-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Sekec-Plekanec-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Bournival

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gonchar
Allen-Gilbert
Tinordi-Weaver

Price
Fasth

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Desharnais just gives the Oilers more of what they already have. Really can't see them being interested at all unless the prices for some of the other targets thrown around (Anisimov, Berglund) is just too expensive.

Plus, they already have RNH and Draisaitl down the middle. At least Anisimov or Berglund could be viable 3C options if they want to keep those two on scoring lines. Desharnais isn't a 3C, he needs to play on offensive lines too. Only way I can see them trading for Desharnais is if they're sending down Draisaitl (which they should have already done and maybe still will, but that's another story).

It makes more sense for them to ask for Eller, if they're going to trade for any of our centres. And then you come around to the fact that an Eller for Perron swap is not in Montreal's best interests. So that kills that deal right there IMO.
Of course with this post you're making the assumption that Edmonton's management knows what it's doing... :laugh:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Bergy will only trade if it fits our needs.

#1 big talented center

Unless it includes Ryan Nugent Hopkins or Leon Drasaitl or Taylor Hall, there is no point making a trade for Nail Yakupov, Darnell Nurse, Justin Schultz etc.

We have Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk, Brenden Gallagher as our top wingers.
Drasaitl and Hall fits more to our style than Nugent Hopkins. Drasaitl isn't worth much as he's still unproven. I would give something like Dustin Torkarski, Nathan Beaulieu and Lars Eller to get a player like Drasaitl. Besides Edmonton will likely get Mcdavid or Eichel so why have RNH, Mcdavid, Drasaitl when they can address some other needs.

Galchenyuk-Drasaitl-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Sekec-Plekanec-Parenteau
Prust-Malhotra-Bournival

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gonchar
Allen-Gilbert
Tinordi-Weaver

Price
Fasth

Galchenyuk won't stay at wing forever. This is probably his last season there. Once he moves to centre our wing position becomes pretty exposed, especially on the Left.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Galchenyuk won't stay at wing forever. This is probably his last season there. Once he moves to centre our wing position becomes pretty exposed, especially on the Left.

Yes and no.. It's only a matter of time before Andrighetto and Hudon crack the line up. My concern is general lack of size on the wings. Here's to hoping DLR, Big Mac and Scherbak arrive sooner rather than later.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Eller, DD and Glachenyuk? Would you do it? Just throwing DD in there since we all want him out.

UH. Oil could finish 20th in NHL or higher with those additions to the lineup, Habs would get 10th pick or even lower, and MB would be fired instantly. Good idea. :shakehead

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Oilers are small down the center. Apart from Draisatl who isn't ready, they want a bigger center. Which is why they ask for Eller. They don't want DD. Sure, he's about same cap as Perron. But he has alonger contract and Oilers most likely want to put in Draisatl in the line-up before unless he isn't ready.

They may go for DD, but I highly doubt it. Besides, Oilers don't want to do a 1for1 trade. I think they'd rather take more but less quality to even out the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad