Is it time for MB to make an offer to EDM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You aren't going to get skill, size and grit for Eller alone.

Maybe 2 of the 3, but not all 3. All 3 is too valuable to trade. If perron were all those things he wouldn't be available.

Eller got some size, some grit and some skills......All 3 is too valuable to trade.
I agree.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Eller got some size, some grit and some skills......All 3 is too valuable to trade.
I agree.

Agreed but the keyword is some. If we're trading Eller for a winger of same build I'll keep Eller.

If we're looking for an upgrade we'll need to sacrifice one of the 'some'.

Of course, I'm assuming we agree there's a distinction between being skilled and having 'some skill'.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Agreed but the keyword is some. If we're trading Eller for a winger of same build I'll keep Eller.

If we're looking for an upgrade we'll need to sacrifice one of the 'some'.

Of course, I'm assuming we agree there's a distinction between being skilled and having 'some skill'.

Don't make me say who's the third best scorer on that team for now....and also tied at second in the PO (with many). Oups, i think i just did.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Don't make me say who's the third best scorer on that team for now....and also tied at second in the PO (with many). Oups, i think i just did.

If you're trying to say Eller is near untouchable I'm not sure what to say. For a legit upgrade, yah, I'd trade him.

Perron is better but I admit I don't like the make up of the team after.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
Sekac-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Perron
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Way better.

Damn sexy

1310650820313.jpg

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I don't think any team in the NHL really wants DD..

Some teams might.

We complain a lot but most teams have a lot of dead weight on their team as is. DD's usage may be questionable but at 3.5 mil he's still not that bad in terms of dead weight.

Bourque just plainly sucked and didn't even give an effort, he was traded.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
DD for Perron I would do that in heartbeat! Perron has one of the best set of hands in the nhl but I can't figure out why EDM would make a trade like that one. Don't think it will happen.

we already have a guy like that in Parenteau, don't need two.

I'm sure MB would want more, either a good pick or good prospect.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
we already have a guy like that in Parenteau, don't need two.

I'm sure MB would want more, either a good pick or good prospect.

I'm sure he wanted more for Bourque but its not realistic to ask for an absurd amount of value for a guy who's worth little or nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad