GDT: is it nites or ka-nites

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I would agree based on performance, but the org likes to be loyal to guys. Still, if Andersen and Koochie are healthy, I wouldn't expect either Raanta or Martin to make another start.

Really curious to see when Andersen comes back. Chicago may be the perfect game.
He’s not coming back Monday. Definitely needs couple games in the ahl

Reactions: WreckingCrew

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
He’s not coming back Monday. Definitely needs couple games in the ahl
Teams read a lot into what happens at practice, and by all accounts at practice he's been looking fully back at NHL level already. If you give him another week then the Buffalo game could be another good opportunity.

And AHL conditioning stints are tricky for us, unfortunately. We may simply not have that luxury.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Teams read a lot into what happens at practice, and by all accounts at practice he's been looking fully back NHL level already. If you give him another week then the Buffalo game could be another good opportunity.

And AHL conditioning stints are tricky for us, unfortunately. We may simply not have that luxury.
He’s only practiced once with the full team

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Raanta was .908/1.97 after the start of the New Year. He bounced back quite well. Body language was much better. I don't get the insistence on looking at him like he's the sieve he was for what was a pretty small stretch of games.

It's the same people who think we MUST get a goalie at the deadline. They clearly don't know how this team operates. Defensemen uber alles and goalies are voodoo.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
12.png
Spence the Fence

But for real though I get that it’s small sample size and shiny new toy and all that but all this guy has done as a cane is come in and shut down the leagues best teams

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
That’s the replay I’m talking about. I see the opposite. If you look closely, I don’t think he touches it at all. His stick is there and sort of cradles the air around it, but you never see contact and the puck doesn’t change trajectory.
Late to the party here but wouldn’t hitting the puck above the crossbar be irrelevant here because he didn’t deflect it into the net. He knocks it down and then taps it in.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I'd argue that we may sign Martin next year as a third / raanta replacement. The guy is a league min goalie who has plenty of life left. another 2 year league min deal might be good insurance, or he may end up being the next mcbackup

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
@Blueline Bomber They just put up a banner saying Martin had 2GA during the interview here. Make sure somebody eats crow, please.

If that's the clip you're referring to, it's his stats from the Boston game. His stats from tonight are below that.

Don't ask me why they decided to present it that way.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011

I've talked about this before on the roster threads, but this is why our top-4 is the single least-used top-4 in hockey in terms of ice time. Before Pesce's illness, Slavin was averaging under 21 minutes of ice time. That's absurdly low relative to how any other team would treat him.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I've talked about this before on the roster threads, but this is why our top-4 is the single least-used top-4 in hockey in terms of ice time. Before Pesce's illness, Slavin was averaging under 21 minutes of ice time. That's absurdly low relative to how any other team would treat him.
Columbus, for example, might try to play Slavin 21 minutes a period.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Columbus, for example, might try to play Slavin 21 minutes a period.

You kid, but looking at the ice time leaders, until you get to Makar at #9, all of the top guys are either on shallow or injury-ravaged bluelines. In no universe should a guy like Brock Faber be getting that much ice time in his first season, no matter how impressive he's been.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Late to the party here but wouldn’t hitting the puck above the crossbar be irrelevant here because he didn’t deflect it into the net. He knocks it down and then taps it in.

Correct, but if you look, the way Noesen was crouched over, it was very close to being above his shoulder as well, which would be the relevant marker in that case. So if he did touch it, it could still be challenged and it would’ve been close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad