GDT: is it nites or ka-nites

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
That’s the replay I’m talking about. I see the opposite. If you look closely, I don’t think he touches it at all. His stick is there and sort of cradles the air around it, but you never see contact and the puck doesn’t change trajectory.
I think it does subtly change direction, and I think we lose that challenge. But this is why I don't think millimeter close calls should really be subject to challenge.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
GG gentlemen

look-old-man.gif

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think it does subtly change direction, and I think we lose that challenge. But this is why I don't think millimeter close calls should really be subject to challenge.

Makes sense. 3-1 win anyway so doesn’t factor into the result. I just watched the 34-36 second clip of that replay about 20 times and am more convinced than ever that there was no contact (would love a frame by frame to confirm), but either way, Canes win.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Barring injury be somewhat surprised if Raanta sees another game with the canes. If Freddy is back Raanta is clearly number 4 on the depth chart

Raanta's played well recently. He'll probably get at least one game. Andersen's likely not coming back until after the deadline, so there's no need to worry about waiving any goalie.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Barring injury be somewhat surprised if Raanta sees another game with the canes. If Freddy is back Raanta is clearly number 4 on the depth chart
I would agree based on performance, but the org likes to be loyal to guys. Still, if Andersen and Koochie are healthy, I wouldn't expect either Raanta or Martin to make another start.

Really curious to see when Andersen comes back. Chicago may be the perfect game.

Reactions: Tryamw

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I would agree based on performance, but the org likes to be loyal to guys. Still, if Andersen and Koochie are healthy, I wouldn't expect either Raanta or Martin to make another start.

Really curious to see when Andersen comes back. Chicago may be the perfect game.

I think that Andersen will get a conditioning stint and the Canes will activate him on Deadline Day, when rosters expand. Martin has played too well to lose him to waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad