Is it a good sign that the new Team clicked so fast?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah we were terrible we were up 3-0 in the 3rd on the 2nd half of back to backs and 3rd game in 4 nights against a team that has taken a ******** of shots all year and gave up a lot of shots, stop the press!

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
I am confident reaching the playoff but not so confident making it to 2 nd round (vs Pens, Mtl, Wsh or Boston in 1 st round)

They still need to improve but I think they will get better. Specially when Staal is back

Lundqvist said that the atmosphere in the lockerroom is much better after they new guys came in. Its a growing positive energy in the team. But when Carolina can make so many shots (over 40) it is a concern.

Wolfy*

Dude I'm def digging it as well. Once Pyatt is gone and Zucc(idk why he was even brought over) is gone and Asham is gone then ill be even more stoked

You can't be serious about Zucc, in my opinion he's the architect behind much of this change for the better. Even Torts confirmed that he more or less fixed the pp. It was a great move by Sather, and so was the trade.

Cake or Death

Hard to say what's really what after only a few games. But it's nice, for a change, to not want to punch a wall and puke after almost every game.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
This post-deadline team looks like it could be a rendition of the 11-12 Ranger squad. I just can't wait until Dorsett gets slotted in to the line-up, guy is a spark plug much like Prust. Of course that means playoffs, but I firmly believe that the team has the recipe of players that will carry them in to the post-season and perhaps make a deep run.

Vickers8

This post-deadline team looks like it could be a rendition of the 11-12 Ranger squad. I just can't wait until Dorsett gets slotted in to the line-up, guy is a spark plug much like Prust. Of course that means playoffs, but I firmly believe that the team has the recipe of players that will carry them in to the post-season and perhaps make a deep run.

Anxiously awaiting Dorsett, reminds me of Laperrierre

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I wasn't too convinced. They had solid spurts but Hank has (once again) been the only constant over the last month.

I will say that they certainly look to have more camaraderie if that makes any sense and more cohesive. Guys like Clowe certainly put a spine back in them.

At least they are scoring. 8 games ago if they played this bad they would have lost 1-0 instead of winning 4-1 vs CAR.

Good teams find ways to win even when they aren't having their best game. CAR was an example of that.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The trade is 45% of it. Of that 40%, 15% is Clowe, 10% is Brassard, 5% is Moore. 15% of that trade goes toward the change of vibe and confidence our locker room has. 15% goes to bounces because we have been putting them in a lot more often lately. 20% is Richards coming alive, opening goal, primary assist of a beauty of a pass to McD in 6-1 rout. Primary assist in Carolina which really got the team going and playing with a lead and confidence. 15% goes to Henrik for stepping up to becoming that much better in general and 5% goes toward the fact that Torts no longer has to juggle lines and power plays and the team can actually play their game line by line and Miller and Kreider aren't being questioned and thrown around lines.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
The only thing that's fast is the assumption that they are clicking.

This. It's only been 3 games. Glad that they got a spark but I'm honestly not expecting it to last into the playoffs. Call me a pessimist but this is just another hot streak - i.e. not indicative of the level of play they'll be at consistently.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This. It's only been 3 games. Glad that they got a spark but I'm honestly not expecting it to last into the playoffs. Call me a pessimist but this is just another hot streak - i.e. not indicative of the level of play they'll be at consistently.

My stance as well. It would be foolish after the first 3/4 of this season to believe 3 wins is indicative of anything.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Zuc has been good. So has asham

Zuccarellos been real solid, and I'm really anxious for him to get his first one because I think it will ignite his play even further.

Hagelin too, he needs one... But it'll be really great if he just peaks at the right time for this team.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Dude I'm def digging it as well. Once Pyatt is gone and Zucc(idk why he was even brought over) is gone and Asham is gone then ill be even more stoked

Not sure if serious... Zucc has made our team better and Asham is a good 4th line option as he can fight and actually play hockey. Pyatt is pretty meh but he doesn't hurt the team on the 4th line.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
The trade is 45% of it. Of that 40%, 15% is Clowe, 10% is Brassard, 5% is Moore. 15% of that trade goes toward the change of vibe and confidence our locker room has. 15% goes to bounces because we have been putting them in a lot more often lately. 20% is Richards coming alive, opening goal, primary assist of a beauty of a pass to McD in 6-1 rout. Primary assist in Carolina which really got the team going and playing with a lead and confidence. 15% goes to Henrik for stepping up to becoming that much better in general and 5% goes toward the fact that Torts no longer has to juggle lines and power plays and the team can actually play their game line by line and Miller and Kreider aren't being questioned and thrown around lines.

Too much math. Math is hard.

NYRCSKA*

No. I hate it when a team clicks and plays well together. That is the last thing we want.

:sarcasm:

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
It's Tort's system.

Works with these players.

Shh! Don't tell 95% of the people on these forums that! Torts sucks! Remember? Throw in Boyle just because.

Torts is awful cuz he throws down line changes n we dont score.

NYRCSKA*

Shh! Don't tell 95% of the people on these forums that! Torts sucks! Remember? Throw in Boyle just because.

Torts is awful cuz he throws down line changes n we dont score.

Let's look at the stats man. No team has ever won a Cup with Brian Boyle on their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad