Is Hall injured?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I have been harping on Hall for awhile now and even by low standard view of the guy something is wrong. Might be me, but is Hall playing through an injury or something?

Hall now has 18pts in 26 games, has 2 goals in the last 30 days only 9pts over that time as well? He has played 20+ minutes per night.

He is my whipping boy for several reasons--but even by my standards he seems to be worse then ever--but is there something wrong with him?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's 100% injured.

His first game back from injury you could see that his speed was down.

Someone on these boards mentioned he was wearing a knee brace in the locker-room. Haven't seen the video myself though, but i'll take his word on it.

He never should have came back so early. But this management are NOTORIOUS for making their players come back earlier than they should through injury.

Hopefully he has a FULL recovery in the off-season. Because if he's lost his speed I don't think he has the hockey IQ to continue to be one of the elite players in the league. A trade MAY be warranted if that's the case.

Sad really.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Didn't he say when he came back that he was wearing a brace on both knees? Hes having a tough sled right now.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I hope he is.
He's definitely fallen off though, just like rest of the team.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yep, his knee for sure isn't 100%. Believe he's still wearing a brace but he may have just got it off.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Seems likely. He hasn't had the same speed at separating from players since he's returned. He also clearly is playing with less confidence than he has at any point prior in his career.

His play over the past two seasons has me more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this moment. This is literally the first prolonged stretch of poor play of his career through 4+ years in the league.

He had a couple shifts at the very end of the game tonight where he looked more like the old Hall than I've seen him in quite some time. Hopefully he'll be able to turn it around here soon. The team needs him to be the player he's shown to be over the past two years.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Season is over. Time to shut Hall down and get his MCL fixed. Rather have him 100% for the start of next season.

Connor Mcdavey*

I have been harping on Hall for awhile now and even by low standard view of the guy something is wrong. Might be me, but is Hall playing through an injury or something?

Hall now has 18pts in 26 games, has 2 goals in the last 30 days only 9pts over that time as well? He has played 20+ minutes per night.

He is my whipping boy for several reasons--but even by my standards he seems to be worse then ever--but is there something wrong with him?

His brain is injured, i counted 6 turn overs in this game that were costly.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
If he's injured he needs to sit out. He's not playing well, but have no faith in this team sit out an injured player. If he's just playing poorly then I think he'll come around. He's actually been a very consistent player, and had very few slumps.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
His brain is injured, i counted 6 turn overs in this game that were costly.

Ya, no injury explains the ridiculous puck management. Every time he had the puck tonight I was cursing his decisions. If he is hurting and lacking some speed maybe he should try less 3 on 1's

If he's still skating in loops, passing at feet and making one-handed pokes in a few weeks I'll start getting worried.

Thing that makes me wonder is you'd think Hall would be smashing sticks and cursing all over the ice out of frustration and he's not; either he's grown up or he's checked out

Ebs4Josi

Nov 22, 2014
Ya, no injury explains the ridiculous puck management. Every time he had the puck tonight I was cursing his decisions. If he is hurting and lacking some speed maybe he should try less 3 on 1's

If he's still skating in loops, passing at feet and making one-handed pokes in a few weeks I'll start getting worried.

Thing that makes me wonder is you'd think Hall would be smashing sticks and cursing all over the ice out of frustration and he's not; either he's grown up or he's checked out

Something about losing every game doesn't sit well with Taylor Hall.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's 100% injured.

His first game back from injury you could see that his speed was down.

Someone on these boards mentioned he was wearing a knee brace in the locker-room. Haven't seen the video myself though, but i'll take his word on it.

He never should have came back so early. But this management are NOTORIOUS for making their players come back earlier than they should through injury.

Hopefully he has a FULL recovery in the off-season. Because if he's lost his speed I don't think he has the hockey IQ to continue to be one of the elite players in the league. A trade MAY be warranted if that's the case.

Sad really.

Players have to be cleared by the medical staff to play after an injury.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
They will shut him down in February once the playoffs are out of reach :sarcasm:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Player A plays bad - He's a bum! he's soft! He's hirribl;e get him outta here!

player B plays bad - He's too young, can't play defense, has to earn his minutes.

Player C plays bad -awful player, never should have drafted him trade him for a roll of tape!

Taylor Hall plays bad - He must be injured!

1 goal, 5 assists in his last 14 games, -13 in that time....ugh

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
No, Hall's fine. The problem is, I have him in my fantasy league. That's been the death knell for hockey players going back as long as I've been a part of hockey pools and fantasy leagues.

I'll see if I can trade him. That'll break him out of his slump in no time.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
No, Hall's fine. The problem is, I have him in my fantasy league. That's been the death knell for hockey players going back as long as I've been a part of hockey pools and fantasy leagues.

I'll see if I can trade him. That'll break him out of his slump in no time.

I hear you. I ruined the careers of at least 15 NFL players this year, of which at least 6 were starting RBs.

I also started watching last night's game at the end of the second. My bad, folks. Sports fan Ebola.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I hear you. I ruined the careers of at least 15 NFL players this year, of which at least 6 were starting RBs.

I also started watching last night's game at the end of the second. My bad, folks. Sports fan Ebola.

My top 2 picks in my football league were AP and Montee Ball. Also landed RG3 and Marques Colston and Vernon Davis later in the draft.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Player A plays bad - He's a bum! he's soft! He's hirribl;e get him outta here!

player B plays bad - He's too young, can't play defense, has to earn his minutes.

Player C plays bad -awful player, never should have drafted him trade him for a roll of tape!

Taylor Hall plays bad - He must be injured!

1 goal, 5 assists in his last 14 games, -13 in that time....ugh

When the player in question has had back to back seasons in the top 10 in league scoring, before getting injured was a plus player and scoring at a PPG, comes back from injury and looks like a worse player. Is noticeably slower, and is seen wearing a knee brace what would be a more likely alternative?

He just up and forgot how to play hockey in those two weeks off?

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
I am 99% sure that he hasn't recovered from his knee injury. The Oilers are known to allow players to come back too early after major injuries.

I hate this management...

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
When the player in question has had back to back seasons in the top 10 in league scoring, before getting injured was a plus player and scoring at a PPG, comes back from injury and looks like a worse player. Is noticeably slower, and is seen wearing a knee brace what would be a more likely alternative?

He is playing bad, nope....the sacred cow is forgiven.

Gagner, who p[people already didn't like gets his face broken, comes back with a shield and face guard in short order and then promptly gets villified for being a crap lousy player.

Your post is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Every other player who is playing bad gets no quarter around here, they are just bad. Hall plays bad and 'it must be an injury'.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

He was -15 last season and barely a plus the year before. He's a career -31 player. Poor teams have something to do with that but so does poor puck management and as talented as he is, Hall has piss poor puck management. Always has. Think about it, he nearly led the league in ESP last year yet is -15. +/- is not a great stat but honestly that to me seems a bit shocking. The three guys above in ESP were a combined +78. In fact of the top 30 in that category on Hall, and defensive stalwarts Phil Kessel and Kyle Okposo were minus players.

He might be hurt OR his injuries from, let's face it, pretty reckless play may be catching up to him already. Or a combination.

No matter what I don't think injury is the only reason for the play and it may not even be the major reason.

He has exceptional offensive talent but there at least has to be some question about what goes on between his ears and if the effort/work ethic is there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad