Is Georges Laraque telling Porkies?

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Haha, watch him get carried out of scummy bars every weekend by his troop of dudes, then come back. The guy was a ******* when he was younger and lived his nights getting blackout. It honestly seems as though he's turned a real corner lately, and has matured greatly. But all I said was I wouldn't be surprised.
Wow sounds like you just described the typical male between the ages of 20 and 25.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Taylor hall after rehab. Dude was out of shape.

breclav-hokej-nhl-obrance-radko-gudas-tampa-bay-beseda_denik-630.jpg
Did he do the Dustin Penner offseason pancake diet

Reactions: New Jersey

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No he’s just willingly spreading false information which really is worse.
He was willingly spreading damaging information. He evidently did not know it to be false at the time, and when he found out he posted the retraction. It's muckraking rather than lying.

EDIT: And the distinction matters, because it needs to be understood that that is a separate sin to answer for. Conflating them means that one might assume if you apologize for one you're absolved of the other.

* * *​
Or the story got more attention than he intended. Let’s not pretend this is the first time something Laraque presented as fact was actually false.
Is it? I wouldn't know: I kind of don't give a **** about the guy. :)

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Those of you who don't know what a porkies is yet, just get on yer clever mike and head on down to the rattle and clank to get me some bees and honey and I'll tell ya.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, no kidding. If people have a problem, overcome it and put it behind them, that’s called life. Too many people have ridiculous standards for others even though they are nothing special.

BTW, good job on your treatment.

If you need help and it's available and you don't get it, that's what makes you not smart. And thanks I appreciate it. Going back home Wednesday!

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Wow sounds like you just described the typical male between the ages of 20 and 25.
Believe it or not, not all young males are idiots. Revving the engine of his Aston Martin, either getting in a fight or getting thrown out by bouncers. I hate this idea that alcoholism is so normalized in youth, its not normal, its not a healthy thing to indulge in, its not safe. He had an issue, I hope he sought help.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I can’t tell what’s more pointless. Bringing it up in the first place or bringing it up back now when most people haven’t even heard about it?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
this is more a commentary on the state of modern journalism, sports or otherwise, than georges laraque as a person.
Exactly. People jump on a random tweet from a random source in 2 seconds. And afterwards nobody actually cares if there was any truth to it.

Reactions: New Jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad