Is Erik Karlsson a HHOFer?

Will Erik Karlsson make the Hockey Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't wonder --- it will be as a senator.
Definitely. Not only did he play his best hockey in Ottawa (and was captain), Karlsson still spends his summers there, his wife is from there, he's best friends with Alfredsson, and the only guy in the organization who he might have held a personal grudge against is no longer around (and even Karlsson made a post afterwards that he didn't have a problem with Melnyk and that Melnyk sent him flowers when his son was born). He'll 100% go in as a Senator (unless he somehow returns to 2017 form, wins his 3rd Norris and carries his team to a cup).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Weird that people salty about Alfredsson getting in feel the need to bring it up here...

Karlsson has the resume, he'll get in. If he finds his game again before finishing his career or wins a cup I think he's first ballot, but as it stands he will get in when eventually.

Strong Hearts

Jun 15, 2021
Zubov could play defense
Norris finishes:

Karlsson – 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 7th
Zubov – 3rd, 4th, 8th

Karlsson was at one point almost unanimously considered the best defenseman in the world. Zubov at no point in his career was anywhere near the best defenseman.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Norris finishes:

Zubov – 3rd, 4th, 8th

Karlsson was at one point almost unanimously considered the best defenseman in the world. Zubov at no point in his career was anywhere near the best defenseman.
Karlsson simply scored a lot in an era where nobody scored like him. No one actually considered him the best overall D man in the league.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
And then he went -25 that season
He was actually a +10.

Nonetheless +/- is a terrible stat to determine the defensive impact of an individual player, good or bad.

You seem to have your mind made up, no matter how wrong you may be - and I am not going to change your mind. So i bid you a good day.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He was actually a +10.

Nonetheless +/- is a terrible stat to determine the defensive impact of an individual player, good or bad.

You seem to have your mind made up, no matter how wrong you may be - and I am not going to change your mind. So i bid you a good day.
2017-18 the season that began a few weeks after the article was written he went -25

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don’t know how you can vote no. In his prime he was a phenom. First ballot HoFer for sure. He’s had to play through a torn Achilles and didn’t his child die as well?

It’s an incredible amount of struggle to overcome so don’t forget what type of special player he was and his stretch of dominance

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Norris finishes:

Zubov – 3rd, 4th, 8th

To be fair Zubov had tougher competition.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad