Is Elliot Friedman the #1 NHL insider Now ???

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Friedman is fantastic, and I always look forward to 31 Thoughts. Well written and insightful, and he takes some speculative risks without being a total shitbag rumormonger.

Bob will always be my gold standard, but he's backed off a bit.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Renaud Lavoie is getting extremely underrated here people. That guy brings intangibles.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He said Montreal was trading P.K. for Taylor Hall. He said the Duchene deal fell through yesterday. He's good at reporting smoke not fire.

Yeah, I still find Mckenzie being the best at reading the tealeaves. As mentioned Renaud Lavoie is also very good.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Bob McKenzie has been the undisputed champion for over two decades

but he was no where to be found on the 3 way deal today same with Dreger and Lebrun

Friedman seems to be breaking down all the news. and his 31 thoughts is a must read each week for any NHL Fan.

Thoughts

I like Friedman's work, but his 31 "thoughts" seems to plagiarize others' work as his own.
In Pittsburgh, one of the beat reporters broke that the Wings will trade Sheahan to the Penguins once they sign Athanasiou. He mentioned Pouliot coming back in the trade..
Later that week, in his 31 thoughts, Friedman writes the Penguins need a 3rd line center and that Sheahan would be a fit and that he could see Pouliout going the other way.
As if this was his analysis, and not news that was already out there.

Cites other people's reporting Friedman.
And stay the f*** away from Olympic swimming.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Bob McKenzie has been the undisputed champion for over two decades

but he was no where to be found on the 3 way deal today same with Dreger and Lebrun

Friedman seems to be breaking down all the news. and his 31 thoughts is a must read each week for any NHL Fan.

Thoughts

I would say yes

since the NHL has left TSN--Bobby mac is on the outside looking in

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Bob checks out his information carefully and is the gold standard.

Freidman doesn't make it clear when he is reporting insider information and when he is just speculating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad