Is Elliot Friedman the #1 NHL insider Now ???

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Bob McKenzie has been the undisputed champion for over two decades

but he was no where to be found on the 3 way deal today same with Dreger and Lebrun

Friedman seems to be breaking down all the news. and his 31 thoughts is a must read each week for any NHL Fan.

Thoughts

Reactions: Riseonfire

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Yeah, McKenzie has fallen into the Eklund-sickness a bit, probably infected by Dreger going full-on Eklund after his cousin leaving Toronto made him lose all his contacts

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Unfortunately Friedge speculates a tad too much. He doesn't seem to have the same integrity or whatever he used to.

When something is confirmed or whatever then yeah for sure he's good but I don't really pay much attention to his rumours till it's confirmed or close.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Nah, Bob is still GOAT.

Although he doesn't seem as active as he used to. Probably starting to wind down for the cottage life in a few years.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Unfortunately Friedge speculates a tad too much. He doesn't seem to have the same integrity or whatever he used to.

When something is confirmed or whatever then yeah for sure he's good but I don't really pay much attention to his rumours till it's confirmed or close.

How do you figure? Are you referring to his 31 thoughts?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Friedman did an excellent job on the Duchene saga. He mentioned in June that Colorado and Nashville might need to find a third trade partner in a Duchene deal for a threeway, and mentioned several weeks ago that he got the sense the Avs were sending scouts out around the league to prepare for a futures deal.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought his comments last night on Insider's segment on HNIC was very interesting when he said a NHL exec said, teams were catching on, on how to beat the Leafs. Basically it was on the basis the leafs have a tendency to cheat on offence, and teams were playing for a turnover and counter against them. We saw this in LA especially. Thought this was good analysis as this has transpired of late.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don’t really care who breaks a story first.

It’s the quality of analysis that matters to me.

That's why I trust Aaron Ward...

1489661766-giphy.gif

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Bob McKenzie has been the undisputed champion for over two decades

but he was no where to be found on the 3 way deal today same with Dreger and Lebrun

Friedman seems to be breaking down all the news. and his 31 thoughts is a must read each week for any NHL Fan.

Thoughts
Its not close McKenzie is the best

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I like Friedman and his 31 thoughts collumn. I don't consider it rumor but actually more as a knowledgeable/informed speculation.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
People seems to not like how much he speculates, but as long as he's clear on when he's speculating and when he's got some info(which he has been) then it's fine. Him and Bob are the clear leaders. LeBrun is good too. Dreger is often a hack lately so I'll give him the credit of being the first on the discussion a couple nights ago though he wasn't there today.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
He’s a damn good insider. Why they put him on the road doing intermission interviews prior to last season is beyond me. Doing what he does in the studio is where he’s at his best.

Phasenet

Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
He said Montreal was trading P.K. for Taylor Hall. He said the Duchene deal fell through yesterday. He's good at reporting smoke not fire.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I like Elliot because he's not scared to throw rumors out there. He always has an idea of who's on the market, which pretty much means that he has a lot of good/trustworthy sources. Bob on the other hand isn't the "gossip'ey" type, all he does is confirm trades a few minutes before they happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad