Is DW Focusing on Revenge for the Kings and not Winning?

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Its a mind game thing for sure...Scott jumps on the ice and the other teams players stop thinking about scoring and more about self well-being lol

Uh...no. Scott steps on the ice and every player on the other teams eyes light up since it essentially becomes a 5 on 4 powerplay for them.

HipCzech

Just win the game
Mar 25, 2004
Overpriced Bay
Uh...no. Scott steps on the ice and every player on the other teams eyes light up since it essentially becomes a 5 on 4 powerplay for them.

Brown gets his cheekbones massaged whether he likes it or not, we go on PK, they score, we lose game, we don't win as many games as last year, we draft higher, JT decides he's ready to go avoid shooting the puck on another team, we trade him for assets. Mission accomplished. :yo:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
No team with any ounce of self respect would ever let Scott get at their key players.

kessel_test.gif

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Brown gets his cheekbones massaged whether he likes it or not, we go on PK, they score, we lose game, we don't win as many games as last year, we draft higher, JT decides he's ready to go avoid shooting the puck on another team, we trade him for assets. Mission accomplished. :yo:

More likely, Scott steps on the ice and Brown scores a goal super easily then goes to the bench. Rinse and repeat 3 more times and Brown has a hattrick and Scotts done nothing.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
No team with any ounce of self respect would ever let Scott get at their key players.

Here's what Todd should do. Start the 4th line every game just to **** with the league. "Guess what league? Scott and Brown are starting tonight **** you guys" Proceeds to have them win the faceoff and get off the ice.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Here's what Todd should do. Start the 4th line every game just to **** with the league. "Guess what league? Scott and Brown are starting tonight **** you guys" Proceeds to have them win the faceoff and get off the ice.

That's funny and all, but I really think Todd is going to play them as Doug wants. And I think Doug wants blood and sweat over anything else.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
My god Kessel is such a chump there. Yes, Scott is a goon breaking the code, but those repeated slashes are just chicken ****.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
My god Kessel is such a chump there. Yes, Scott is a goon breaking the code, but those repeated slashes are just chicken ****.

Common man. What the hell is he supposed to do? There is not a bit of me against fighting, staged or not, but the consequence of what Kessel did was a lot less then what Scott would have done to him.

Kevy D

Sep 29, 2009
Moon Base
Recent interview with John Scott on coming to SJ and the west coast-

"HODOR, Hodor hodor. hodorhodor hodor hodor hodor!"

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That's funny and all, but I really think Todd is going to play them as Doug wants. And I think Doug wants blood and sweat over anything else.

I'm just coming up with some humorous imaginings to not get sucked into the riptide of negativity that all the Shark forums and media have been creating.

Honestly, it's probably not really the worst idea to show rookies the work ethic that 4th liners put in to get to where they are but it doesn't really look like it's a rebuild and I'm not sure if they're even going to play rookies or have them on the NHL roster. Seriously though, it could be like this: "These guys may not have the skill that you have but they worked their ***** off to get here and if you wanna make it, start working for it"

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I'm just coming up with some humorous imaginings to not get sucked into the riptide of negativity that all the Shark forums and media have been creating.

Honestly, it's probably not really the worst idea to show rookies the work ethic that 4th liners put in to get to where they are but it doesn't really look like it's a rebuild and I'm not sure if they're even going to play rookies or have them on the NHL roster. Seriously though, it could be like this: "These guys may not have the skill that you have but they worked their ***** off to get here and if you wanna make it, start working for it"

Totally. I'm having a laugh at it too, believe me.

Kinda weird message though. It's not like Jumbo hasn't had his face shattered, or Marleau decked in the head and fought much tougher characters. Not like Braun hasn't been destroyed for no reason, or any of them watched Michalek, Ian White, Boyle, Hertl, Vlasic, etc. get cheap shots that ended their runs.

All those guys are supremely skilled and out to win. What's better motivation than seeing them play every day like they do?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Totally. I'm having a laugh at it too, believe me.

Kinda weird message though. It's not like Jumbo hasn't had his face shattered, or Marleau decked in the head and fought much tougher characters. Not like Braun hasn't been destroyed for no reason, or any of them watched Michalek, Ian White, Boyle, Hertl, Vlasic, etc. get cheap shots that ended their runs.

All those guys are supremely skilled and out to win. What's better motivation than seeing them play every day like they do?

And that may or may not be where DW has gone crazy. There are quite a few very skilled guys on the roster who worked their butts off to get where they are like Pavelski and Braun being late picks. However, they're established guys now and there may or may not be a complacency thing that DW may or may not have gone crazy about. On the other hand, those grinders and stuff are always on the edge of being put to the curb and they got to work for it all the time because next year has no guarantees for them usually(although it's arguable about whether or not they deserved the spot in the first place).

Anyways, it is indeed a very weird message to try and send and I won't argue with that but I could see some scenarios where these dumb ass signings have some off-ice value.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Anyways, it is indeed a very weird message to try and send and I won't argue with that but I could see some scenarios where these dumb ass signings have some off-ice value.

While not impossible, it's getting to the point where we're crossing from optimism over into denial. Lombardi and the Kings broke DW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad