Is DW Focusing on Revenge for the Kings and not Winning?

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
With the signing of Brown, Scott, and McGinn, I am wondering whether he actually is gearing up too much for LA, rather than fielding the best possible team for the playoffs.

What is the thought there on that? Guessing from the postings lately, I suspect there may be a fair share of those that believe he is doing this.

Gigante

Sep 12, 2011
They were able to take out Hertl for a long period of time and Vlasic for the playoffs. This plan would be more entertaining than a full tank.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
If dw really thinks Scott, brown or McGinn is what we were missing against la, it's gunna be a bad year. Defense and not being able to stop guys like kopitar is what killed us. Not having too few goons, physical players.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Well it would be a little funny for DW to ice all three face punchers in the first game of the season against the kings. First face off after they raiser the banner they leave the kings in a bloody mess on the ice.

lotionmyfeet*

Well it would be a little funny for DW to ice all three face punchers in the first game of the season against the kings. First face off after they raiser the banner they leave the kings in a bloody mess on the ice.

I actually see this happening. Trade for Emery too... Kopitar, Gaborik, Brown, Drew, Muzz, Quick.. all injured within the first four seconds of the season

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Revenge? Even if (big IF) Brown gets smashed by Scott, what is it going to accomplish. LA will still have their Cup Banner hanging. Get revenge by beating them in the next playoff series not by beating their players up.

The Scott signing was perturbing as it was, but DW's statement bothered me even more:

“… John's presence alone can act as a deterrent and help keep teams and opposing players honest.”

We don't need baby sitters. We need more skilled players.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Brown wouldn't even fight Wingels.

Tommy Wingels offered Dustin Brown a chance to drop the gloves on Monday. Twice.

Both times, Brown declined, according to the Sharks’ forward.

“I guess he doesn’t want to own up to it,” Wingels said on Tuesday. “There’s many other opportunities, right?”

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Well, with charging penalties and instigator and boarding and headshots etc, etc, etc,,,,,,we actually may become more the victims by getting pummeled on giving up sooooo many power plays. Never mind revenge. Totally awful moves and zero positive moves.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I doubt any of these moves have been made for the Kings, specifically.

Dw is just on another planet in general. He must be a huge prop 215 supporter.

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
Revenge isn't the right word. He is fixing the things, in his mind, that were the reason we lost to LA. I do agree that Stoll doesn't headhunt Vlasic in game 5 if Scott lays him out in games 1-4.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Revenge isn't the right word. He is fixing the things, in his mind, that were the reason we lost to LA. I do agree that Stoll doesn't headhunt Vlasic in game 5 if Scott lays him out in games 1-4.

Like hell he doesn't. If anything, that stuff only creates more of those situations. Do you think Stoll headhunts Vlasic if Brown isn't out there bowling over Quick? It's no different when you have a dedicated enforcer running around getting in their faces. But the kicker here is that Scott will not dress in a playoff game so none of that even matters.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Like hell he doesn't. If anything, that stuff only creates more of those situations. Do you think Stoll headhunts Vlasic if Brown isn't out there bowling over Quick? It's no different when you have a dedicated enforcer running around getting in their faces. But the kicker here is that Scott will not dress in a playoff game so none of that even matters.

Well, you have to ask yourself...why is Crosby constantly picked on and harassed, but a player like Patrick Kane isn't?

Some of us look at it and see that when you bother Crosby, there are no retributions for your actions. No one will fight you. No one will hack you back. Even Crosby won't do much.

But if you take liberties with a player like Kane, not only are you liable to get an elbow in the gut from Kane, but players like Bollig, Seabrook, and Bickell will take exception with you...

To the original OP:

No, this isn't Real Housewives of the NHL. :shakehead

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well, you have to ask yourself...why is Crosby constantly picked on and harassed, but a player like Patrick Kane isn't?

Some of us look at it and see that when you bother Crosby, there are no retributions for your actions. No one will fight you. No one will hack you back. Even Crosby won't do much.

But if you take liberties with a player like Kane, not only are you liable to get an elbow in the gut from Kane, but players like Bollig, Seabrook, and Bickell will take exception with you...

To the original OP:

I don't buy into the premise of your question in the first place regarding Kane being picked on less than Crosby.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

To the original OP:

the pens tried that in crosby's 1st few nhl seasons.

crosby had georges laroque, eric godard, up until the 2011-12 season. still didn't stop crosby from getting hit with a head shot in 2010-11 with godard still on the team.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
the pens tried that in crosby's 1st few nhl seasons.

crosby had georges laroque, eric godard, up until the 2011-12 season. still didn't stop crosby from getting hit with a head shot in 2010-11 with godard still on the team.

If one team takes out Crosby and no one on the Pen's takes out a player on that team, who ends up being the better team?

Teams are gonna take shots. The Sharks, for years, have not taken theirs. The teams that have have a cup. The Sharks don't.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

To the original OP:

This whole post is just a bunch of ********.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I think John Scott is gonna be the one to make the sacrifice play by taking Doughty or Kopitar out and then getting suspended.

Or at least thats what DW is hoping for. :shakehead

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Revenge? If any GM was out for revenge I would be utterly shocked. That's just silly and pointless.

That being said, I do think DW is drastically overreacting to the 3-0 collapse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad