Votes: 16 7.5%
  • maybe - let's see how the rest of this season goes

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • absolutely not

Votes: 183 85.9%

• Total voters

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
he's on pace for 121 points..."hasn't played an elite game in a very long time" :laugh:
I don't disregard his elite skill level and point production. He has 12 even strength goals I believe, could be wrong. He is a giveaway machine and has been forever. Someone with his talent, size, etc can be ao much better as a 200 footer. As most know, Im not a huge fan. But, Im not suggesting trading him. His game needs fixing in many ways and I wish we had a coach that would facilitate that

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I don't disregard his elite skill level and point production. He has 12 even strength goals I believe, could be wrong. He is a giveaway machine and has been forever. Someone with his talent, size, etc can be ao much better as a 200 footer. As most know, Im not a huge fan. But, Im not suggesting trading him. His game needs fixing in many ways and I wish we had a coach that would facilitate that
so? PPG don't count? why bring up this stat?

he's a "giveaway machine" because he plays a ton of minutes and most of it with the puck on his stick looking to make plays...Puljujarvi, for example, doesn't give the puck away because he hardly plays and is terrified of carrying the puck

and you must have missed last night when late in game, when Ceci made a dumb pinch, Leon busted his ass back to prevent a potential breakaway pass (Nurse made a good play to prevent it from happening)

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021

he's a "giveaway machine" because he plays a ton of minutes and most of it with the puck on his stick looking to make plays...Puljujarvi, for example, doesn't give the puck away because he hardly plays and is terrified of carrying the puck

and you must have missed last night when late in game, when Ceci made a dumb pinch, Leon busted his ass back to prevent a potential breakaway pass (Nurse made a good play to prevent it from happening)
Of course they count. That is why I said I don't disregard his elite skill and point production. But if they count so do 12 ESG. If you believe he is everything you want/like in a player thats great. Many are starting to see past all of the points, hence all the negativity lately.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021

And yes, I did see the play you spoke of and loved the effort level. I was at a game a few weeks ago where he put forth a good effort. I enjoyed his game a ton that night. I wish he played that way regularly. Not always, but regularly, as no one is on all the time.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Grab a dictionary and look up elite, see if it means the same as playing WELL.

still, if you think he's only playing at the top of his game 10% of the time how to you explain his historical production versus the rest of the league??

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I can't be the only one that is annoyed with this thread being the top 3 or 4 on the page. Enough already, he's not expendable! lol.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
still, if you think he's only playing at the top of his game 10% of the time how to you explain his historical production versus the rest of the league??
The game is played with offense and defense. Do we have a very good defensive group, I say no. So why cough the puck up, throw blind passes. Even one of the coaches mentioned his low percentage passes ( coach is gone, blind passes are not). Watch him play with and without Connor. Usually night and day.
All offense does not win you the cup.
Trust me, many times watching him I think he is the 2nd best player in the league but too many times I think he will have a hard time cracking top 50.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Drai expendable? dumbest shit I've ever read. He's certainly working through something right now and threads like these will go back to the bottom of the barrel where they belong.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
I can't be the only one that is annoyed with this thread being the top 3 or 4 on the page. Enough already, he's not expendable! lol.
You'll live, some countries you are not allowed your own opinion. Embrace your freedom.

Reactions: Duke74

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Drai expendable? dumbest shit I've ever read. He's certainly working through something right now and threads like these will go back to the bottom of the barrel where they belong.

Imagine being on pace for 120 points, 2nd in the NHL for scoring, while "working through something" (ie: basically playing hurt) and having an "off year", lol.

Most superstars would kiss their own ass to have the season Draisaitl is having right now and this is a season that's below expectation for him, lol.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Or better still, why hasn't a Moderator locked it yet!!?

Reactions: Porkleaker

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Every season at this time we get the "he's playing through an injury" and can't be blamed, or he's sick, or he's overworked, or he's tired because he's a power forward and a big body. Oh, he makes terrible blind passes because his brain is tired too.

I haven't seen him play as poorly as the other seasons when he's gotten those excuses, but it gets old that we hear them literally every year around this time.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Every season at this time we get the "he's playing through an injury" and can't be blamed, or he's sick, or he's overworked, or he's tired because he's a power forward and a big body. Oh, he makes terrible blind passes because his brain is tired too.

I haven't seen him play as poorly as the other seasons when he's gotten those excuses, but it gets old that we hear them literally every year around this time.
All fair points, but "trading him"?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Or better still, why hasn't a Moderator locked it yet!!?
Seriously this shit just needs to go away. LOCK AND DELETE THIS f***ING BULLSHIT FOREVER

it might be soon, I sent a very valid argument.

Reactions: Zguy370

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
All fair points, but "trading him"?

Yeah, I don't agree with the OP. Just tired of reading the same justifications for poor play literally ever year. With that said, even at his poorest it's usually just some apparent laziness and bad passes, as I said, it just seems some people are incapable of saying the guy hits a wall and plays poorly during a stretch or two... doesn't seem so hard to just say that rather than excuse it.

Reactions: Stoneman89

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Freedom of speech is great but close this thread please lol

Drai is embedded into the fabric of this organization and should never be traded. His number will be in the rafters next to McDavid

Reactions: Zguy370

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
1676674761394.png

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020

Drai is embedded into the fabric of this organization and should never be traded. His number will be in the rafters next to McDavid
If you shutdown this thread because people don't want to read negatively against Leon you will need to shut down every individual thread regarding players.
Dont let this that sore in your mouth that you need to touch with your tongue just to see if it still hurts. Don't put your tongue there and it won't hurt.
Don't read this thread if it bugs you.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If you shutdown this thread because people don't want to read negatively against Leon you will need to shut down every individual thread regarding players.
Dont let this that sore in your mouth that you need to touch with your tongue just to see if it still hurts. Don't put your tongue there and it won't hurt.
And might as well shut down the GDTs with all of their “Drai is drunk, Drai is slow, Drai is lazy” comments.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Fair point, every opinion is valid

I was moreso using hyperbole when i said shut it down but it looks like i struck a nerve with u lol :laugh:

Keep Leon forever

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World

Nope, keep it open. Idiocy like this should be on display for all to see.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This thread being at the top of our board for everyone to see is really embarassing. Votes should at least be visible so we can see if it's just trolls voting yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad