Is Dahlin a generational talent?

Is Rasmus Dahlin a generational talent?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I'd be pretty surprised if anyone said yes now. He wasn't considered generational when he was taken 1st overall and he hasn't exactly gone up from there

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
In that case, the answer is obviously no, isn't it?

Do generational talents typically have two goals, 13 points and a -34 rating in 37 games?

There is nothing typical about a 19 y o, hypothetically, generationally talented Dman. We can only guess, he looks pretty unique that’s for sure, and has collected some pretty generational accomplishments as a 16, 17 and 18 y o compared to other Dmen in those age groups historically.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
There is nothing typical about a 19 y o, hypothetically, generationally talented Dman. We can only guess, he looks pretty unique that’s for sure, and has collected some pretty generational accomplishments as a 16, 17 and 18 y o compared to other Dmen in those age groups historically.

He will be 21 in 7 days, no ?

Without talking about Orr that was in ways to win is second Norris, Leetch, Bourque, Potvin would be to look at, at that age.

Reactions: Mac Attack

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his age (plus playing for the biggest circus in the NHL) and say that the potential is still there to be a top defenseman in the league at some point this decade.

But yeah, he hasn't looked good in the Sabres games I've seen. He's gonna need to progress big time in the next season or two.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Defencemen take longer so it's not too late but he's not looking like it so far.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Of course he's not. If he was Buffalo would not be the worst team in history at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad