Is Chris Davis the worst position player in the league?

Is Chris Davis the worst player in the league?

• Total voters

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I have no sympathy for him. He refuses to learn to bunt to beat the shift. Like I have no doubt he's trying hard in BP and the film room and whatnot but refuse to adapt and you deserve to hit .100

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I have no sympathy for him. He refuses to learn to bunt to beat the shift. Like I have no doubt he's trying hard in BP and the film room and whatnot but refuse to adapt and you deserve to hit .100

It's not even bunting. You just have to hit the other way. He is too pull happy and it's like he refuses to change.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Gallo is the perfect example of why batting average doesn't determine if you're a good hitter or not.
It's a small sample but this is his general production when not hitting HR...7 strike outs in his last 9 AB, 2.5x as many strike outs as hits on the season, and of course .171 average. I mean he basically becomes current Chris Davis once he loses his power years down the line, idk how that can really be argued.

And to be fair I like watching him hit, just like I did Davis when he had power.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's a small sample but this is his general production when not hitting HR...7 strike outs in his last 9 AB, 2.5x as many strike outs as hits on the season, and of course .171 average. I mean he basically becomes current Chris Davis once he loses his power years down the line, idk how that can really be argued.

And to be fair I like watching him hit, just like I did Davis when he had power.
He’s been a positive hitter in all of his full seasons in the majors.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
He has a .199 AVG, .293 OBP, and a .679 OPS over his last 1660 at-bats

People have killed themselves over less

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Every time this thread gets bumped, I can't help but read it as "Chili Davis" instead of "Chris Davis" and momentarily get riled up since Chili was my favorite hitter growing up. [/coolstorybro]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad