Is captaincy of the Lightning become a meaningless position?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I could get behind that. He was obviously the good luck charm, or as the Brits say, "He is a talismanic player."

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yup with Cally getting the "C"

Rotate those other guys with the "A" and also add Stralman to that mix since it could be 2 at home with the "A" and the other 2 away with the "A"

Good thinking.

If it gets him off the team sure. ;)

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Am I the only one who doesn't like rotating captains? Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I prefer one captain.

Hedman one would be my first choice if he is up for the task, my second choice would be Boyle.

Btw, Zamuner was a great captain! Though no one can beat Vinny of course :handclap:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Am I the only one who doesn't like rotating captains? Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I prefer one captain.

Hedman one would be my first choice if he is up for the task, my second choice would be Boyle.

Btw, Zamuner was a great captain! Though no one can beat Vinny of course :handclap:

Vinny was a terrible captain.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wouldn't say the captaincy of the Lightning has ever been especially meaningful as a tradition.

Not as an insult, but over the 20 odd year history, aside from Dave Andreychuk who obviously is a cup winning folk hero, the Lightning captaincy has mostly been about journeymen leaders from the expansion era, and trying to create a captain out of the most talented player, whether it be a teenage Vinny Lecavalier, Marty St. Louis after the Vinny buyout, and Stamkos after Marty bolted.

There's just never been that captain who has combined prime Vinny leading the team to sustained success.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'd prefer they give it to Bishop, he's the only one who hasn't taken a game off so far this season

Captains talk to the refs real hard if thats your goalie. I like the idea of As to Boyle, Callahan and Hedman until someone takes control of the team and then give them the C. I don't know who the biggest leader is in the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00