Is Brock Nelson the most dangerous Islander?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Silly post even with the poor caveat. However, Brock Nelson is certainly on track for developing into an excellent top 6 and the extra year he has had over Strome is obvious. I only hope Strome is playing on this level next year.

Strome's looked pretty damn good too. I don't think we'll have to wait until next year.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Not that I think he isn't doing a good job, but I'd really like to take him off the PK. Let him concentrate on even strength and PP. Right now he's averaging more time than JT. He's playing great but he's still young. Don't want to burn him out.

The PK forwards in my opinion should be…

Clutter - CC
Frans - Kule
Bailey - Grabo

Grabs will also have a place when he comes back.

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
With Tavares and Nelson there they have a top one-two center combo. Eventually Strome may center the third line but he will score a lot with Nelson. Also love Grabo and Kulemin, they can balance any line or play together. With this great set of forwards, they should be able to build two great pk combos.

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
With Tavares and Nelson there they have a top one-two center combo. Eventually Strome may center the third line but he will score a lot with Nelson. Also love Grabo and Kulemin, they can balance any line or play together. With this great set of forwards, they should be able to build two great pk combos.

I remember when Snow maneuvered at the 2010 draft to get the pick for Nelson after we took Nino fifth in the first.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
OKAY, before everybody freaks out let me say this.

John Tavares is my favorite Islander, favorite player, the face of this franchise, and the best player on this team. I fully expect him to finish with the most points on this team (barring he remains healthy).

With this said, I think Brock Nelson is becoming the Islanders most dangerous player. His size and effortless skating stride is really what sets him apart for me. Offensively, he's an absolute puck hound who uses his body to get the puck and then keep the puck. I've seen him make slick, behind the back passes, go to the front of the net, and snipe.

Defensively, he has no problem being the first forward back which has been huge for us and can even kill penalties. What can this kid not do at a high level?

Having him down the middle lining up behind Tavares is going to be huge for this team.

The Hurricanes didn't see Nelson coming and Nelson made them pay..

But the Hurricanes knew exactly what JT could do, and he did it anyway.. JT has the ability to mesmerize opponents and that makes him far more dangerous...

I'm rooting for both guys equally but to answer your question in these two games JT was more dangerous than Nelson..

Nelson is off to a great start and if he can keep bashing and putting points, helping to be part of a very productive second line, up we're obviously better off for it...

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I think JT still has a strangle hold on that title..... I do however think Brock Nelson is slowly taking the best all around forward title away from Frans.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I think JT still has a strangle hold on that title..... I do however think Brock Nelson is slowly taking the best all around forward title away from Frans.

Agreed, except I'd argue it is happening rather quickly, heh. Brock is love, Brock is life.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Agreed, except I'd argue it is happening rather quickly, heh. Brock is love, Brock is life.

Sweet mother of Moses!!! Is this thread happening two games into the season??? (Think Herlihy Boy skit with Chris Farley and you'll know what I'm thinking.)

I love Brock. I'm high as a kite on his potential... But let him play a full 2014-15 season - then we can even have a clue what the boy is.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island

JT gained a new power this year. He grew eyes on the back of his head. He is a super hero. But damn i Love brock. Better title would be

"Brock Nelson: Garth's best draft pick?"

JT was almost a no brainer so i'm not giving garth credit for that but Brock may be his best unless I'm missing one. I could be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad