Is Brian Gionta destined to return?

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
Lou is going to sign him because he reads HF and wants to see how many butthurt fans he can torment in one off season.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
It's the most "Lou" thing Lou could possibly do. Self-parody territory.

Nothing but respect for Gionta the Elder, but he's just not what this team needs right now.

NC107*

The Montreal fans would love it. Most of them want him out or on the 4th line only.. Please don't sign him Lou

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Montreal fans would love it. Most of them want him out or on the 4th line only.. Please don't sign him Lou

Boston fans wanted Jagr out because "he didn't score in the playoffs", "couldn't play a full season because he wears down", and "couldn't skate anymore"...

And you oughta go back and read Minnesota fans comments on Zidlicky... according to them his legs were gone 4 years ago. And the best, getting Foster was a steal because anything was better than Zidlicky.

See, the thing is, most fans have no idea what the hell they are talking about. They see a mid-30's plus player not produce to the level they believe they should and they pronounce him finished without any consideration of circumstances or injury...like maybe a torn labrum.

Last edited:

NC107*

Boston fans wanted Jagr out because "he didn't score in the playoffs", "couldn't play a full season because he wears down", and "couldn't skate anymore"...

And you oughta go back and read Minnesota fans comments on Zidlicky... according to them his legs were gone 4 years ago. And the best, getting Foster was a steal because anything was better than Zidlicky.

See, the thing is, most fans have no idea what the hell they are talking about. They see a mid-30's plus player not produce to the level they believe they should and they pronounce him finished without any consideration of circumstances or injury...like maybe a torn labrum.

I agree with your assessment however there has never been a mention of Brian G having an injury and Montreal fans were wanting him out or on the 4th line before the playoffs. Do I assume you would like the Gionta brothers with the Devils? I would not, nether would be fine for me.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I agree with your assessment however there has never been a mention of Brian G having an injury and Montreal fans were wanting him out or on the 4th line before the playoffs. Do I assume you would like the Gionta brothers with the Devils? I would not, nether would be fine for me.

No, we can't have another 35+ contract on this team...but Gionta in Montreal, is a player who was partially pushed down because of the development of other forwards and the fact that he is a solid two way player forced him into a Madden-esque role in Montreal...sometimes very good players are asked to perform unflattering roles and I believe that was the case for Gionta from what I've seen.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
nothing coming out of Montreal suggests they won't re-sign him. premature tizzies all around

Austrian Devil

Here we go again
Mar 11, 2008
Graz, Austria
I imagine this and I think to myself... this could actually make the Rolston return look not so bad.

That's how bad I think this would be.
No. The Rolston return brought us
rmvd6p-2.gif

The Gionta return wouldnt even get us entertainment but tons of cringeworthy chestshots. Ugh.

The Broadway Hat

Jun 17, 2014
I seriously hope not. Don't think I can live with him torching the rangers again. Would be a great move by Lou and very realistic. Why are you guys so down on him. Doesn't be have your single season goal record

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I seriously hope not. Don't think I can live with him torching the rangers again. Would be a great move by Lou and very realistic. Why are you guys so down on him. Doesn't be have your single season goal record

yes, when he was 26 years old. how does that help us now? he'll be 36 next season.

absolutely, positively NO thank you.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yes but that record was from what will be 9 years ago now. He's not the same player anymore.

I'd welcome him back if we got rid of Ryder or Brunner (preferably Ryder).

The Broadway Hat

Jun 17, 2014
yes, when he was 26 years old. how does that help us now? he'll be 36 next season.

absolutely, positively NO thank you.

Age is only a number. Gionta has chemistry with Elias. Those two were dynamite. Could re kindle magic like with Sykora and have a cheap 25 goal scorer. But hey if you don't want that so be it. Rangers won't mind lol

The Broadway Hat

Jun 17, 2014
Yes but that record was from what will be 9 years ago now. He's not the same player anymore.

I'd welcome him back if we got rid of Ryder or Brunner (preferably Ryder).

Fair point. I'm a huge fan of your posts. Been a lurker for a while. Love the nicknames. What would you name Gionta? Lmao

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Age is only a number. Gionta has chemistry with Elias. Those two were dynamite. Could re kindle magic like with Sykora and have a cheap 25 goal scorer. But hey if you don't want that so be it. Rangers won't mind lol

you want the Devils to sign him because he absolutely stinks now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fair point. I'm a huge fan of your posts. Been a lurker for a while. Love the nicknames. What would you name Gionta? Lmao

I like Gionta, so I don't have anything bad to say about him.

Check back with me sometime next season when he has 12 points in 42 games for us. I should have something by then. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad