Is Boston’s window now closed?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You can't afford Eichel, and Buffalo's not going to want to trade him in-division and especially to Boston after the Hall fiasco.

I think the real target is to work your way into that trade as a facilitator and get the #2 center that the Eichel-receiving team has to swap out to make cap space for him that Buffalo has no use for in 2022 because their window is later. i.e. if Eichel goes to Calgary, you see if you can get Monahan out of it, so on and so forth.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
he's also too expensive in assets for the bruins to acquire.
They wouldn't gift him to a division rival, and what would they have to offer?
Pastrnak?
No question Boston’s window is open juuuuuuuuuusssstt slightly. Big big challenges. Makes 2019 all the more painful.

As to Eichel, I feel for Buffalo. Cannot imagine him being moved unless Buffalo takes a massive underpay on paper. In reality, it wouldn’t be a massive underpay if someone stole him for pieces because he’s a HUGE risk health wise. Add to that his salary and any GM who gives up, say a Pastrnak, should be taken out behind the barn and shot.

Healthy Eichel gets Buffalo a haul, and rightly so. Dodgy neck vertebrae Eichel, I would imagine, gets nibbles. Like going fishing for big bass and getting your bait nibbled to death by sunfish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad