Is Auston Matthews a power forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't think the title needs much explaination. Obviously he doesn't fight but he is physical and really difficult to knock off the puck. Hes also not known for throwing big hits.

Thoughts?

Nope.
Power forwards = Lindros, Tkachuk, Neely, Bertuzzi.
He's an elite two-way forward though, that's for sure.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Hard to be a power forward when you have like....3 career hits in 100+ games. Not that there are any really traditional power forwards left. At least not a lot of them.

OP says he's really physical... Well in a sense that he used his size to keep the the puck maybe but physical isn't high on the list of words I would use to describe Matthews.

Edit # 7507354 Is this site really f***ed up when it comes to replying and quoting? I can't imagine I got so f***ing stupid over night that I should be having this hard of a time using the quote and reply buttons...

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
I'd say he's more in the Kopitar mold, and neither are power forwards. Nor is Malkin.

Benn has a mean streak and alone of the players mentioned could arguably be called a power forward.

I just have a looser definition of the term power forward. To me, the modern day power forward is simply a forward with size who can hit every now and then and can protect the puck well.

There arent any Cam Neelys or Bobby Clarkes in the NHL nowadays

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Nope, sorry but the Leafs doesn't have one. Not unless they are working on meshing JVR's and Matt Martin's genes together. I wouldn't rule it out as I can see Babcock having the contacts, or even owning a laboratory in his basement complete with employees. Maybe this is the place they call 'Robidas Island'.

Uh oh... Well... What happens in the Toronto locker room, stays in the Toronto locker room. And don't you dare judge their lifestyle either.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Matthews has 5 hits this season and had 21 last season. He is not a power forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Mods please change the thread title to "Is Auston Matthews a power ranger?" and update the OP accordingly. It would be a much more entertaining thread.

Reactions: Mitts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad