Rumor: Is Atkinson next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I disagree with the suggestion that we're "short a C" - we have Wennberg, Jenner, Dubinsky, Karlsson, and if needed Campbell and Foligno. We're in fine shape in that regard.

That and Brass has found chemistry with Nash in New York that he never had here, so the Rangers would want much more for him than just Atkinson and some small plus.

I guess I was referring to guys who actually have or are playing C at the NHL level and putting up in the neighborhood of 60 points a year.

Cam is having one of his hot streaks. If he continues great if he regresses to the mean he is still a serviceable RW but nothing special.

And as I read the reports it is the Rangers asking. If you ask you aren't in the drivers seat. I doubt they trade Brass for Cam or anybody for that matter but if they would I'd consider it.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Brandon Gormley was put on waivers today. He was the guy we might have drafted instead of Joey.

It can always be worse. Always. NEVER make a decision based on "it can't get worse" - that is a panic move, and that will destroy you, and you will undoubtedly quickly learn just how wrong that assumption was.

You're right, I was simply saying when we made the trade we were in last place in the league with no real sign of moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad