Is any one else feeling different about this year?

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
some of you want to be negative just to be negative. its honestly pathetic.
B.S alot of people have watched this team for over 50yrs and have seen everything imaginable from A to Z yes its wonderful we are making the play offs but its not to hard to see if you have any hockey sense that this teams lacks push back especially in play offs and now at game 8 with Boston coming up. We got pushed around and run at by the freakin Momtreal Canadians that game, also Columbus and St. Louis was way more physical knocking our guys around and we have NO ANSWER. You want to call people pathetic because they have concerns? The whole damn league knows at the skill we have and to beat us just fore check hard on our defense, knock the forwards around and get their heads on a swivel and off their skill game and guess what? we lose. Freddy stood on his head many games last regular season and helped mask this issue until he has a mediocre game and guess what? it stands out. You have a problem with the truth so be it.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
By game 41 I bet this team is barely 500
But by December it ll be a calendar year that this club has under produced
If they keep playing this way you are absolutely right, only really good game I saw them play was against St. Louis and they lost from one mistake. Other games yes they won but Our own zone coverage is brutal, guys wide open, too many odd man rushes and NO grit rears its ugly head already, Montreal, Columbus, St. Louis all took runs at our players and were very physical against our d and forwards which throws our skill game for a loop, yes we beat Columbus but sorry they were in our zone and had the better play most of the game, we just outscored them on opportunities when we had them. Most games even Ottawa and Detroit. we had problems in the beginning of those games, terrible zone coverage both d and forwards. 2 or more teams have improved their roster in our division and every team yes has difficulty in early games and last season we capitalized on that with a great start, but games get harder to win as the season wears on, sure hope to see improvement from our team.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm not sure that the Leafs will make the playoffs, it's a little early to judge, but that's how I feel.
I'm not either. I think the team needed to bank lots of wins in October and November to have the luxury of coasting into the playoffs. The team seems headed for a huge battle just to qualify IMO. Roster adjustments are obvious as far as I'm concerned. The team isn't going to flourish with Ceci on the top pairing or with the current 3rd pairing or without some more forward jam although Dermott and Hyman will help with that.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
I can't feel the same anymore. Knowing these guys valued money over everything else. Mercenaries never win.

Gotta start finding a different team.

Reactions: Legendary

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the team is playing good at all but are you guys just over reacting a little bit.
The Habs loss is stupid and really should have been a win.
The Blues loss could have gone our way as the team played well.
The Caps loss to me was mainly that 4mins otherwise the team played well.
If Leafs won those three games which they would be 7-1.
Now, the problem is still no push back and Dzone coverage. I really think once Hyman is back and performing, AJ and Ceci will be trades for a RHD and a backup Goalie. Also Barrie is just showing signs of himself, he is a lot better than he is showing.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Yes, this team is lame.

Also the team feels very selfish, like everyone is just looking for their own best interest.

Thanks Dubass

Reactions: Legendary

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the team is playing good at all but are you guys just over reacting a little bit.

I dont think it's an overreaction, personally (and I'm always last in line to criticize around here).

There's an anxiety amongst the fanbase because the patterns we are seeing are alarmingly familiar:

A coach that lacks any sort of creativity.

An overworked starting goaltender without any competent backup.

A team that lacks any sort of toughness or grit.

Defensively suspect.

We've seen this very script before.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
The leafs don't even have a player in the top 20 in points so far this season. The league point leaders have DOUBLE the points of the leafs point leader.

That is NOT acceptable. These players are paid WAY too much money for this.
Exactly!!!

The league leaders are on pace for 170 points and 100 goals. I would expect at least that from these losers. This is definitely not an early season pace only, and will 100% keep up for the remainder of the session.

Conclusion: Leafs suck and are overpaid; the year the Oilers won the cup.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Exactly!!!

The league leaders are on pace for 170 points and 100 goals. I would expect at least that from these losers. This is definitely not an early season pace only, and will 100% keep up for the remainder of the session.

In all seriousness though. Something is not right.

Maybe I sound paranoid now, but it's obviously a combination of a bunch of shit. As mentioned ad nauseam, it's team toughness and leadership that's lacking. No togetherness

- Jealousy at Captaincy. Even unspoken takes away from Tavares' ability to truely lead.

-Spite that a certain player is getting paid more than he's worth.

-I don't care what anyone says, the Matthews security guard crap had effected this team

-Loss of Dad

-I truely believe that they've tuned Babs out already

Cue the: they make so much money, they have to man up and get through this. I agree. I just don't see it happening with the current roster/ coach.

Dubas got himself into this mess but let's see how he digs himself out before we crucify him. At least a full season with his guy behind the bench

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Exactly!!!

I don't care for the excuses.

The leafs star players are paid to be top 5 in the league every single solitary second of the season. I give them about 1 minute leeway on their first game of the season. They need to score in that minute and be in the top of the league in points every second thereafter.

Those standards might seem unattainable and unfair. Too bad. THEY put these expectations on themselves when they strong-armed a weakling rookie gm into those overpayments.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I don't care for the excuses.

The leafs star players are paid to be top 5 in the league every single solitary second of the season. I give them about 1 minute leeway on their first game of the season. They need to score in that minute and be in the top of the league in points every second thereafter.

Those standards might seem unattainable and unfair. Too bad. THEY put these expectations on themselves when they strong-armed a weakling rookie gm into those overpayments.
My post was obviously in jest. That behind said, If you want to go by literal stats only--Matthews is the second highest paid and has the second most goals.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Things do feel different, its now confirmed that all of our young talent are me first money hungry types who value cold hard $$$ over a championship. The team also continues to be soft and simply skates off and pretends to ignore when questionable hits are thrown. I am thoroughly convinced that if a player bowling balled into Freddy they'd all look away and skate to the bench.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I can't help but think if the Leafs go out and crush the Bruins tonight, all of the negative posters will come on and say "I think they've turned the corner", "they look stronger than ever!" lol

It's a business guys. Nobody can ever buy a Cup, it comes down to the Will to win. If they have it, they will succeed, if not, it's just an overpaid clubhouse.

Time will tell. This season is the barometer.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
My post was obviously in jest. That behind said, If you want to go by literal stats only--Matthews is the second highest paid and has the second most goals.
He's paid to be a leader in goals and points.

If he wanted to be a leader in just goals, and get like 70 points, then he should be paid closer to 9 million per year, not 11.6

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
I can't feel the same anymore. Knowing these guys valued money over everything else. Mercenaries never win.

Gotta start finding a different team.
It's really bothering me as well. I was SOOOO excited going into last season. The Nylander fiasco bummed me out a little... but I thought it was just him.

Now I see the leaf players as just business men. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me and it looks like they're skating around holding brief cases instead of hockey sticks. I'm finding it hard to care about these rich spoiled brats.

Reactions: ashs

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It's different because I care less. Last season soured me on this team. I still pop in here, watch a bit of the games, but not as much or as intently last year.

This has been an incredibly frustrating team to watch for the past ~10 months or so.

So much potential currently being wasted by laziness. Who knows, maybe they'll grow out of it.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
The leafs don't even have a player in the top 20 in points so far this season. The league point leaders have DOUBLE the points of the leafs point leader.

That is NOT acceptable. These players are paid WAY too much money for this.
This is a stupid ass take. Marner is a point behind being in top 10. I respect a lot of opinions on here but yours are the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad