Is Anisimov 1C?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
So would people around here bet, that if some actual 1C is placed between Panarin and Kane, the line will become better?

If you stacked the Blackhawks' top line with Panarin-Toews-Kane, no the line might not get better because you are increasing the line's two way responsibilities and competition quality.

If you added a low end 1C/high-end 2C a guy like Koivu, and let Toews/Hossa keep being the first line, then the line would be unstoppable.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I mean, he centered probably the best line in the league last season...

Jonathan Toews is the too center for the hawks. You put me with Kane and Artemi Panarin I would look good. Quick observatio. Kane 107pts Artemi Panarin 77 and Artem Anisimov at 42 pts--a 35 pts drop off is a pretty big drop off from his line mate

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Isn't it weird? A players plays on the best line in the world and isn't even 2C, and some 1C plays on a line of suckers and still is 1C?

That's not weird at all.

So would people around here bet, that if some actual 1C is placed between Panarin and Kane, the line will become better?

Not necessarily. Chemistry counts too.

Use HBK as an example. Hagelin and Kessel were no better with Malkin than they were with Bonino, because all of HBK's parts worked fantastically well together. But that obviously doesn't mean that Bonino and Malkin are centers of comparable quality.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
he plays with kane and panarin, getting shelterd zone starts, and barely puts up 40pts

Hes a 3C at best

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Interestingly enough, while Panirin and Kane had excellent offensive seasons Anisimov had lowest P/60 of his career and given his IPP was way below his average, it wouldn't be outrageous to expect him to score a tad more next season.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Interestingly enough, while Panirin and Kane had excellent offensive seasons Anisimov had lowest P/60 of his career and given his IPP was way below his average, it wouldn't be outrageous to expect him to score a tad more next season.

He just played different. You can add around 10 goals to his statistics, which were scored thanks to his screens. Probably even more, because Kane and Panarin played way more effectively on account of Anisimov.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He just played different. You can add around 10 goals to his statistics, which were scored thanks to his screens. Probably even more, because Kane and Panarin played way more effectively on account of Anisimov.

True. Kane certainly benefited from having a 2 way center. First time since 2011 he didn't spend half of every shift chasing the puck around his own end.

His value on that line is defensively, because neither Kane nor Panarin could draw you a map to the defensive zone. AA is the guy who was cutting off potential odd-man rushes before they started, broke up cycles in the Dzone, stayed on the right side of the puck in the Ozone while Kane and Panarin worked their magic, and he'd also park himself in front of the goalie.

His point totals dont represent his value. You need to look at the jump in possession Kane benefited from, as a result of not chasing the puck around for half his shifts.

If he improves on faceoffs as much as Kruger and Shaw did under the Hawks' guru, that will improve even further.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Of course I don't think Anisimov is 1C. But I don't think as well, that all those 1C, 1D, 1st line winger etc are properly reflect a hockey magic.

I think there is a sinergy in hockey, both positive annd negative, when 1+1+1 > or < 3. When a center plays on the best 1st line in the league, he's a 1st line center, it's stupid to say otherwise.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You can't seriously think a legit #1 wouldn't make that line better at all

Depends on the type of center. There's only one puck, and Kane is the guy that directs traffic on that line. So a play-making center that wants the puck a lot probably wouldn't mesh well. If you wanted an offensive center, then you want a shooter-first type like maybe a Stamkos or Seguin.

The issue with that for the Blackhaws is that they want somebody on that line that's defensively sound and can cover for the chances 88 and 72 make when they go globetrotter. Bonus points if you're big and can provide a screen and quick puck retrieval for rebounds or missed shots.

Honestly, way back in 2011, I would have said Ryan Kesler would be the perfect center for Kane. Today? Maybe a Pavelski?

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
People can label him however they want. He was excellent between Kane and Panarin and anyone who only looks at point totals won't understand the value Anisimov had on that line. As a Hawks fan, I couldn't be too much happier with his performance last year minus faceoffs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
If he is as bad as the non-Hawks fans say he is then you'd expect Kane and Panarin to have higher goals-for-% and corsi-for-% without him. They don't. I think the Hawks fans have it right. At least their view matches my limited viewings of last year and matches the wowy stats.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If he is as bad as the non-Hawks fans say he is then you'd expect Kane and Panarin to have higher goals-for-% and corsi-for-% without him. They don't. I think the Hawks fans have it right. At least their view matches my limited viewings of last year and matches the wowy stats.

Doesn't make him any less of a middle sixer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad