Is Anisimov 1C?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Preventing goals and chances against is part of the job, so yes it does make him a better player if he helps his linemates in that respect.

True, but Anisimovs cumulative impact on goal differential and possession isnt big enough to make him a 1C. A middle-sixer is still a useful player.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
True, but Anisimovs cumulative impact on goal differential and possession isnt big enough to make him a 1C. A middle-sixer is still a useful player.

Yeah i wasn't saying he was a #1C. He's obviously not. No one is saying he is. I'm just saying his impact at both ends is relevant.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Preventing goals and chances against is part of the job, so yes it does make him a better player if he helps his linemates in that respect.

Again. He's a middle 6 center. I don't know what you're trying to prove.

I like AA, but the thread is about if he's a 1C or not. He's not.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Again. He's a middle 6 center. I don't know what you're trying to prove.

I like AA, but the thread is about if he's a 1C or not. He's not.

I think we have a misunderstanding here. I said he's not a #1C above the post you were responding to, and again just now.

My argument is directed at the bean counters who think he's a #3C because he only had 40 pts.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
AA is a 2C. He is not a great 2C but he is a perfect fit for his line. Using points to judge him performance wise is not the best way because he was worth 10-15 more points than he had due to his net front abilities alone. You need to include possession, defensive impact, along with points/net front ability to get his complete value. His weakness is face offs but the Hawks have a knack for improving that each year (see Kruger).

He is not a 2C in every lineup but he only fits certain situations where the 2nd line is the scoring line.

FYI BWC hates AA (because Stan traded for him) and is one of the only posters on the Hawks board that thinks AA is a 2C.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
great #3C.

Can play up (or down) in a pinch, but if he's regularly your 2C (injuries aside) you don't have great center depth.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
How is that wierd?

Do you consider Alex Burrows in his prime to be a 1RW?

Burrows best year was 67 points (54 ES) and 35 goals, that year he was and was 10th in RW scoring.

Still I dont consider him a true first line winger (great 2nd liner) in his prime,Anisimov scored 42 points in the same situation (being the defensive conscience on the top scorers line).

So no Anisimov is a 2nd liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad