Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Smith is a natural C but I prefer we play Volkov instead of scratching him. Goodrow can play 4C, you can slide Johnson down to the 3rd line as he isn't working on the 2nd and he wouldn't on the 4th.

Palat - Point - Stamkos
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Gourde - Johnson - Coleman
Maroon - Goodrow - Volkov

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Smith is a natural C but I prefer we play Volkov instead of scratching him. Goodrow can play 4C, you can slide Johnson down to the 3rd line as he isn't working on the 2nd and he wouldn't on the 4th.

Palat - Point - Stamkos

Solid.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Even in his limted stint last season I thought Smith looked pretty good. He was centering Maroon and Witkowski, after all. The guy can play and brings more energy to that line.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

Palat - Point - Stamkos

i agree with this, and although the counter of "we don't want to break up that third line of Gourde - Goodrow - Coleman!" has merit, it's silly that- in this season of constant covid scares and compressed schedule - we wouldn't be doing abnormal line juggling anyway.

but im ok with smith too, for the record. i just want volkov to get more time

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019

Palat - Point - Stamkos
4th line looked badly almost all games i watched. Maybe not badly but without indentity. When there was Ceddy Maroon Callahan it was checker line,agressive line u know what i mean. Now they arent checkers,they arent good both offensivly and defensivly. I dont say that players play bad there no,but I say coaching stuff need to formulate 4th line duties,but as they looked now they shouldnt try continue to play like 4th line did last season. Thats why I think Goodrow on 4th line makes sense cuz now they are checkers again,line that is hard to play against,even though I liked 3rd line,it could also help Volkov and Joseph. Joseph could go to 2nd line ,Volkov(Johnson) can play at 3 rd line.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I’m curious to find out what’s going on with Stephens. He must not be on LITR or the Lightning would call up Smith.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Palat - Point - Stamkos

Or can we please put Johnson with Palat.

Tyler Johnson doesn't work properly without a Palat. Cooper will make the change and figure this out.... eventually

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
so what are the odds Kuch is back for the playoffs? -115?

How would he miss the playoffs?

Point and Callahan were out 4 months with the same surgery, Pastrnak and Marchand both had hip surgery this off-season, Marchand was back last week and Pastrnak this week which put them both on a timeline of less than 4 and a half months.

If anything we should be worried about if he comes back early, there's huge cap complications.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It does give confidence knowing that Marchand and Pastrnak both had the same surgery as Kucherov this off-season and both are on absolute tears right out the gate.

Reactions: ultra63

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
How would he miss the playoffs?

Point and Callahan were out 4 months with the same surgery, Pastrnak and Marchand both had hip surgery this off-season, Marchand was back last week and Pastrnak this week which put them both on a timeline of less than 4 and a half months.

If anything we should be worried about if he comes back early, there's huge cap complications.
Can't be early because of that.

-500 new odds

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Pretty easy to avoid coming back early, just keep saying he's not ready yet or give him a "setback" even if he is, lol.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Pretty easy to avoid coming back early, just keep saying he's not ready yet or give him a "setback" even if he is, lol.
Yeah I don't think it's a huge issue. Can always just have him rehab more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad