Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Actually no the team value did not increase last year and will not again this year.
NHL Team Values 2020: Hockey’s First Decline In Two Decades (forbes.com)
The NHL’s Most Valuable Teams (forbes.com) 2018 team value 445mil largest league % increase in 50 years
23. Tampa Bay Lightning (forbes.com) 2017 team value 390mil

The team has been bottom 1'4 of valuation and profitability for years. In fact they would be eligible for the old revenue sharing if they were under a internal cap limit.

Teams are in difficulty now according to The Athletic "
The average attendance in the NHL this season is 17,316, and the average 2019-20 ticket price, according to the Chicago-based Team Marketing Report sports business consultancy, is $75.76 (all figures U.S.).
Thus, the typical team makes $1,311,860.16 in ticket revenue per regular season game.". Over a 41 game home schedule that is almost 54 mil then factor in concessions and apparel sales for the regular season You can bet there at 60 mil loss and that does not count playoff revenue. Things are not going to get back to normal soon either. The economic impact is effecting season tickets renewal from 30 to 50% league wide. Yes TV revenue will increase about 15 mil per year per team after the league takes there cut and the expansion pumps another 15 mil into the pot for 2021 there still be significant losses this year. Preseason It ws projected that 3 to 6 teams would be in bankruptcy at year end. Mid season that number was increased to 5 to 10 and yes the Bolts could well be in that number no matter what we think.

After the lockout in 04-05 it took the league 5 years to attain pre lockout ticket sales. A huge drop in the new CAP and why should we not expect the same conditions post COVID? Fans have been locked out for a year and while some states are loosening restrictions most are not even for playoffs. Theres now talk that 50% seating for the start of next season will not happen.

On the other side of this pandemic the league is not going to be the same. The longer it goes more degradation the league as a whole will incur.

I wonder. If the NHL.tv package would allow local fans to watch local games at a price if it would increase revenue. Especially during COVID, cable cutters have been on the up trend. Why resist the change, be the trend setter and cash in. Think that would help especially during COVID.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Thats... all well and good but that isn't how he operates. Thats the kind of thing rappers do, that end up broke in 10 years.

The team isn't really making money, they basically broke even recently, but that all went out the window with covid and no fans.
Almost every nhl team now is losing money we need fans back in full attendance next season

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
yep I don’t see us getting by Florida without hedman he was hurt in 2019 and look what happened
I don't think a rusty Kuch and Stamkos will help win us a series either.

Unless they shelter Hedman's minutes. When in reality we need him to play 30 minutes a game in the post season.

I'm not very optimistic

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
At a minimum, the odds of getting Victor Smythe again are extremely long. We needed that guy last year, and it sounds like we won't get him this year. Not what you want.

Reactions: Outl4w

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

Wait...what does "he hopes" mean?

It means we're fu*.
For real.
4-0 Florida, like the 2014 post season against Montreal, when we dealt with major injuries.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Cooper has been pretty honest.

Bad news.

they are obvi hurt.

Damn.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Obviously this takes the wind out of our sails. Now there’s nothing left to do but wait for game one and see who’s on the ice and if they look healthy

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Won the cup last year, thank god.

This team feels old and brittle all of the sudden. Heddy not right 2/3 playoffs and now he’s 30. Stammer health always in question. Now Kuch. Point had a hip. It’s all our best players.

Yea injuries have been a part of a reason why we couldn't close the deals before. Never really been lack of talent. Last year we won despite Stammer being out. Would be pretty epic if we could overcome some injuries and go on a long run again. It's just a shame we can never have them all ready to go for the big games.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Shades of 2019. Blistering start, started to crumble in the last month, players started developing nagging injuries. You hope some of these injuries are a smokescreen but it just feels like wishful thinking.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I don't think a rusty Kuch and Stamkos will help win us a series either.

Unless they shelter Hedman's minutes. When in reality we need him to play 30 minutes a game in the post season.

I'm not very optimistic

the other bad thing is what’s wrong with mcdonagh? If mcdonagh and hedman are both injured that’s two top 4 guys injured

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Didn't Hedman look like he rolled his ankle so bad last postseason that we thought he would miss time? Then he's back the next game playing 25+ and on his way to the Smythe. I don't believe Hedman is too hurt to miss a playoff game till I see it myself.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad