Injury Report: IR: Callahan | DTD: Paquette, Garrison, Stamkos, Johnson, Brown

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
My fear is this gets into stamkos head as he was just getting back to the old stamkos after the broken leg injury three years ago .

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I actually think this is a good thing, guy was playing way to well. He was probably going to want a massive raise on his next deal if he kept this up. Now we get more time to evaluate him and see if this was just some fluke or the real deal. The only reason he's getting points anyway is because he gets to play with Kucherov.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
For **** sake. I'm so tried of injuries to key players and I hope the team is to.

I could care less about who is leading in pts/goals. I just want this team to win.
I hope they are tired of this **** to and they play with a chip on their shoulder. I don't want mercy for other teams, I don't care if other fans like them, I want this team to win. Hopefully drouin can comeback and play with kuch.

If it wasn't for injuries then this team might have a Stanley cup or two to their name.

Also, the comments by some leaf fans and wings fans on twitter just make me want to.... well thats not important. The important thing is that the team continues to win.

Btw, when I say "win" I don't mean by 1 or 2. I want pure domination as much as possible. I know this team is capable of doing that. It just seems like they always try for the pretty play's first. If this team can just put that mindset behind them and just come with a mindset of "score goals", then I think they will blow every team out of the water.

P.S. I'm just really angry at our luck right now. Take this with a grain of salt. Just my honest reaction to the Stammer news.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I actually think this is a good thing, guy was playing way to well. He was probably going to want a massive raise on his next deal if he kept this up. Now we get more time to evaluate him and see if this was just some fluke or the real deal. The only reason he's getting points anyway is because he gets to play with Kucherov.

image.jpg

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Now we can play Point as the #1C where he's deserved to be all season, never understood Cooper's blind affection with Stamkos.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015

:scared::scared::scared:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Now we can play Point as the #1C where he's deserved to be all season, never understood Cooper's blind affection with Stamkos.

That's the least he can do, he owes it to the kid. He's more than paid his dues in the bottom 6. They have this offensive fireball just bottled up doing the dirty work for these overpaid, soft and lazy vets Filppula and Callahan. We are going to surely miss his board work and goalie screens but he's going to go on a goal scoring tear if they take the shackles off him.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
That's the least he can do, he owes it to the kid. He's more than paid his dues in the bottom 6. They have this offensive fireball just bottled up doing the dirty work for these overpaid, soft and lazy vets Filppula and Callahan. We are going to surely miss his board work and goalie screens but he's going to go on a goal scoring tear if they take the shackles off him.

Let's be honest, this could be good for all involved and the next man up mentality.

Not only will point be able to take over 1C...I think it will also free a spot up on the forwards group for Condra to be called up and really entrench himself as a top forward we all know he's capable of being.

It's fine

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I guess we were due to get the hose again weren't we? Say hi to Buffalo Bill for me

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why does this feel like our season just went down the tubes? Also starting to feel like Stammer is made of glass.

Well it certainly doesn't help confidence in any of those two things.

Well I guess the silver lining is this team has been well versed in adversity from injuries. They seem to step up when adversity hits. At least in the past they did. I'm looking to seeing the Triplets step up and hopefully Drouin does too like he did last year in the playoffs.

Now do we bring up Conacher?

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
This sucks. Dro, get healthy and takeover for Stammer. We need all the scoring threats we can get.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well it could be worse, yeah it sucks to wait again. It was not two minutes after I told the wife he was gonna have 50 again this year so blame me.

Now was it confirmed that his knee did lock??????

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I tore my medial meniscus playing soccer 12 months ago. Arthroscopic surgery and was back at home same day - it was a real quick procedure. Fluid develops around the knee and must be drained. You basically can't walk for about 3 days. Then crutch to get around for about 2 weeks. Then you start physical therapy and are back to normal within a month approx. They didn't take much of my meniscus and the lateral meniscus is faster healing. From what I remember the inside meniscus doesn't receive any blood so it does not heal. The lateral meniscus does receive blood so it heals in time.

But I don't remember that much ... in about 2 months I was back playing soccer and pretty much back to normal. They did mention that very long term patients may develop arthritis and pain from lack of cartilage ... so it will depend on surgery and how much of the meniscus they have to remove. I think he'll have surgery and be back in about two months completely back to normal.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Gotta hope its a speedy recovery (he's out what 2 months?)

Hoping Stralman and Drouin come back soon as well that will help a bit. Most likely have to steal a few games

Man I feel so bad for Stamkos 3 years in a row with just freak accidents, right when he's getting hot too

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Guy had one major injury, minor last spring and this yet unknown. He didn't miss a game first 5 seasons and what i recall about the injury on 2013, he said he hasn't had one since very young. This sucks but he's one of the healthiest hockey players out there.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Three to four months...

Maybe longer. We might have just lost him for the ****ing season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad