Salary Cap: Investigating contract prorating heart palpitating here's the deadline heart flatline

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I would've liked Hudler to the Pens. He's always been a threat in my book. Would've fit well in our top six.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
IF Russel could just go off the market so i dont have to loose anymore sleep i would be a happy camper. I swear to god hes a Scuderi Jr.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Russell's the modern day Defensive D. Someone who can skate and move the puck decently enough but is relied on for shot blocking.

I get that we don't want to add another small guy, but if they want to commit to a philosophy of a defensive group that can skate/move the puck and a fast forward group that forces opposing teams to chase all game, then I can respect that.

I wonder if Russell's terrible numbers have something to do with being overplayed on a bad team. I believe his possession numbers were fine in years past in a bottom pairing role. Which is what he will be here.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
IF Russel could just go off the market so i dont have to loose anymore sleep i would be a happy camper. I swear to god hes a Scuderi Jr.

He's way more mobile and offensively talented than Scuds, with that being said, I hope we don't trade for him.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I'm weirdly happy all these marquee targets are drying up, and going to the already heavily favored teams in the league.

I keep telling myself that a JR who has shown reservations parting with our last high end prospects in the recent past, is a JR who will not suddenly move them for the likes of Kris Russell. Or Boedker for that matter.

That's what I am telling myself, anyway. Who knows what ownership is thinking/feeling about this team's chances.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I wonder if Boedker ends up going for alot less than what was expected. If he'd only cost a 2nd and we strike out on a D-man. I'd be down just to go all in on speed.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Another deadline where good teams get better and we pray the pens don't make a deal.

Ever since "all in" I say **** the big deadline acquisition. I know that singular bad experience has just jaded me to no end, but with this team currently in flux (coaching, identity, FO) I think it would be a complete waste to pick up anyone now. And ever since 2013 guys like Stempniak or Winnik or JoyLove are hardly going to convince anyone otherwise.

Now, a "hockey trade" during the rest of the season/summer. That has been a different story for us, recently.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I wonder if Boedker ends up going for alot less than what was expected. If he'd only cost a 2nd and we strike out on a D-man. I'd be down just to go all in on speed.

For a cheap enough price, I'd love to have him. We'd need to send out salary I'd think, right?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
At least so far, it appears that wingers at the deadline will be cheap but D will be very expensive. I think I'd rather try and pull off Boedker than pay the same assets for Russell.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
For a cheap enough price, I'd love to have him. We'd need to send out salary I'd think, right?

Yeah, unless Arizona would retain, which it sounds like they would.

I don't think Boedker should return any more than Hudler did with the seasons they're having and same UFA status. And it was basically a 2nd. The 4th is in 2018. By the time a 2018 4th pans out, 87/71 will be mid-30s.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
At least so far, it appears that wingers at the deadline will be cheap but D will be very expensive. I think I'd rather try and pull off Boedker than pay the same assets for Russell.

I hope they have an open mindset about that. If Boedker's the better deal, go get him and find a depth D for insurance.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, unless Arizona would retain, which it sounds like they would.

I don't think Boedker should return any more than Hudler did with the seasons they're having and same UFA status. And it was basically a 2nd. The 4th is in 2018. By the time a 2018 4th pans out, 87/71 will be mid-30s.

yeah I'd do that deal for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce