Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Ceremony, Oct 18, 2014.

1. IceColdOx

IceColdOx Registered User

Local newspaper guy
    I'm Dan and I'm from Upstate New York. I like Man United (since 1991, so I'm not a glory hunter). I've got a soft spot for Rangers and wish the MLS pounced on the Cosmos name when they had the chance.

I also think the MLS is just fine and certain Eurosnob writers need to chill out. (Billy Haisley of Deadspin).

2. mianjo

mianjo Registered User

Born in England moved to Canada when i was 17, now over 50 years later footy is still my game, I still support my home team Plymouth Argyle, never really interested in Premier shi* teams as they just buy their way to the top, and they are spoiling it for lower level teams, players in Premier shi* reserve and academy teams make more money than star players in lower leagues. In Canada i played for a German club even though they had no Germans on their teams, it was like a league of nations, players from all over the world. After retiring from playing I took up coaching junior teams, my pride and joy was coaching NHL phenom Steve Yzerman, he was a super star in whatever sport he played, if our team won 10-0, steve did'nt score he let others score if we won 2-1 he scored both goals. I coached kids up to the age of 16 but then retired because they thought they new better than me, maybe they were right. Now that i'm in my late 60's i continue to be involved with footy as i have been a volunteer for the Ottawa Fury FC for the last few years, who now play in the USL.

bluesfan94 likes this.
  3. JayfromNB1219

JayfromNB1219 Registered User

Cannabis Field (not specific)
    Grew up in a what was at the time a non soccer market (East Coast of Canada) sat down when I was 9 years old on a Saturday and turned on Sportsnet and happened to see a Republic of Ireland vs Germany game...saw Robbie Keane score and do his somersault into a fist pump and I was hooked the passion he showed made him my favorite player...so naturally I went to see what team he played for at the time knowing full well that club team would become my favorite team...Lo and behold he was playing for the Tottenham Hotspurs at the time...Tottenham has been from that day through to now become my favorite team far and away.

Yid Army Canadian Division

We sang it in France,
    We sang it in Spain,
    We sing in the sun and we sing in the rain,
    They've tried to stop us and look what it did,
    The thing I love most is being a Yid!
    Being a Yid, Being a Yid,
    The thing I love most is being a Yid...

Creed Bratton likes this.
  4. BergyTime37

BergyTime37 Registered User

Hello all, I'm Danny, and this is my first post on the boards in general! I was always a casual soccer fan growing up, but in HS in 2010 I became a more passionate follower. The 2010 US World Cup team got me hooked, even though they weren't that great. That 2010 team is the root of my club fandom, as I made the horrible choice to follow Tim Howard to Everton. The most frustrating team of all the sports teams I root for. Despite perpetual mediocrity, Up the Toffee's!

bluesfan94 and East Coast Bias like this.