Introduce Yourself

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
I'm Dan and I'm from Upstate New York. I like Man United (since 1991, so I'm not a glory hunter). I've got a soft spot for Rangers and wish the MLS pounced on the Cosmos name when they had the chance.

I also think the MLS is just fine and certain Eurosnob writers need to chill out. (Billy Haisley of Deadspin).

Reactions: Tmu84

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Born in England moved to Canada when i was 17, now over 50 years later footy is still my game, I still support my home team Plymouth Argyle, never really interested in Premier shi* teams as they just buy their way to the top, and they are spoiling it for lower level teams, players in Premier shi* reserve and academy teams make more money than star players in lower leagues. In Canada i played for a German club even though they had no Germans on their teams, it was like a league of nations, players from all over the world. After retiring from playing I took up coaching junior teams, my pride and joy was coaching NHL phenom Steve Yzerman, he was a super star in whatever sport he played, if our team won 10-0, steve did'nt score he let others score if we won 2-1 he scored both goals. I coached kids up to the age of 16 but then retired because they thought they new better than me, maybe they were right. Now that i'm in my late 60's i continue to be involved with footy as i have been a volunteer for the Ottawa Fury FC for the last few years, who now play in the USL.

Reactions: bluesfan94

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Grew up in a what was at the time a non soccer market (East Coast of Canada) sat down when I was 9 years old on a Saturday and turned on Sportsnet and happened to see a Republic of Ireland vs Germany game...saw Robbie Keane score and do his somersault into a fist pump and I was hooked the passion he showed made him my favorite player...so naturally I went to see what team he played for at the time knowing full well that club team would become my favorite team...Lo and behold he was playing for the Tottenham Hotspurs at the time...Tottenham has been from that day through to now become my favorite team far and away.

Yid Army Canadian Division

We sang it in France,
We sang it in Spain,
We sing in the sun and we sing in the rain,
They've tried to stop us and look what it did,
The thing I love most is being a Yid!
Being a Yid, Being a Yid,
The thing I love most is being a Yid...

Reactions: Creed Bratton

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Hello all, I'm Danny, and this is my first post on the boards in general! I was always a casual soccer fan growing up, but in HS in 2010 I became a more passionate follower. The 2010 US World Cup team got me hooked, even though they weren't that great. That 2010 team is the root of my club fandom, as I made the horrible choice to follow Tim Howard to Everton. The most frustrating team of all the sports teams I root for. Despite perpetual mediocrity, Up the Toffee's!

AngloHab

Jan 17, 2013

Attachments

• 20190627_230623-1.jpg
    20190627_230623-1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
cheers from South Carolina! Chelsea fan, used to run an official supporters club for a few years. enjoying my Blues and NY Rangers currently rebuilding with their youth. not without trials of course but that’s part of the beauty. #UTC #LGR
Im a big Chelsea fan, picture attached was me - taken in 1983 (I think) in the old West Stand at Stamford Bridge.

Come from a big Chelsea family - Dad's a Chelsea fan, Mum is too, sister and kids all Chelsea fans.

As to how Im a Habs fan - I'm a johnny come lately on that front - when picking a team I flirted with the Flyers and the Rangers to begin with but become a Habs fan on account of befriending a Habs fan, a French-Canadian fella from Windsor, Ontario. He got me hooked into the Habs.
I think there is a match in number of posters that are Chelsea and Arsenal fans now. :D

Welcome!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think there is a match in number of posters that are Chelsea and Arsenal fans now. :D

Welcome!

I think you're right. Too many! :D

In all seriousness though, I don't know who all the Chelsea supporters are and in one case I can't tell if the dude supports Chelsea or Arsenal.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
and in one case I can't tell if the dude supports Chelsea or Arsenal.

By chance are you conflating the two (st louis) blues fans with similar names and avatars? Because one is a Chelsea fan and one an Arsenal fan and it never ceases to get me mixed up either

buzzbee

nude hockey player
Aug 8, 2005
Bracknell (UK)
I’m English through and through, so football is just bred into me, like hockey to a Canadian.

From the earliest I can recall, as soon as I returned from school, the first thing I would do would be to pick up my football and go knocking on doors, looking for friends to come and play football with me on the field behind my house. If no one came out, I would just kick a ball around on my own!

I wasn’t very good and gave up playing at a very young age, moving on to Judo, then to table tennis and eventually to hockey.

In my primary school (Ages 7-11), everyone seemed to support either Liverpool or Manure. For me, it was Liverpool, while also developing a deep-rooted loathing of that horrible lot down the East Lancs Road! There was probably a degree of glory hunting about it, because at the time, Liverpool were the dominant force. Guys like Kevin Keagan and Kenny Dalglish were heroes.

My local team is Reading and I went to see a few Reading games at their old Elm Park ground when I was young. As I got older, I would look out for their results as much as Liverpool’s and by my late teens, I had realised that the Reading results were the ones that would set my mood for the following few days. I now consider myself a Reading fan, though I still have a massive soft spot for Liverpool.

Hockey is my main love, so I only go to a hand full of Reading games each year, but I am a season ticket holder with Reading FC Women and am one of about half a dozen fans that go to most away games as well

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I have some sad news, I guess this is as appropriate a place to put it as any. Some of you may remember a poster who went by the name of "mmvvpp". His name was Mark and his avatar was a picture of Roger Federer wearing a cowboy hat. He was a fellow Tottenham and Flyers fan. One of our admins received the sad news that Mark recently passed away due to COVID-19. He was a good poster and seemed like a genuinely good guy. He'll be missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad